Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Backcountry (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Weekend backpack trip on Deep Creek (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13732)

spotlight 04-12-2010 05:50 PM

Weekend backpack trip on Deep Creek
 
Just thought I would share a few photos from the 2 day backpack trip on Deep Creek to Bryson Place the water was raging on Friday bu calmed down by Sunday the fishing was good.http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/P4100020.jpghttp://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/P4110032.jpghttp://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/P4100023.jpghttp://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/P4100024.jpghttp://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/P4100026.jpghttp://i950.photobucket.com/albums/a...2/P4110030.jpg

GrouseMan77 04-12-2010 08:28 PM

Nice pics and thanks for sharing.

ifish4wildtrout 04-12-2010 11:06 PM

Nice looking fish. Congrats. If you don't mind me asking, how far up were you?

spotlight 04-12-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifish4wildtrout (Post 79215)
Nice looking fish. Congrats. If you don't mind me asking, how far up were you?


Not at all, I went as far as 54. I think that had I went to 53 I may have got the slam, but I was looking for a friend Adam from this forum who was meeting me there, somehow we crossed paths on the trail he was coming down I was going up. I caught some as low as the bridge near the falls by the campground. It was a great weekend.

ifish4wildtrout 04-12-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spotlight (Post 79217)
Not at all, I went as far as 54. I think that had I went to 53 I may have got the slam, but I was looking for a friend Adam from this forum who was meeting me there, somehow we crossed paths on the trail he was coming down I was going up. I caught some as low as the bridge near the falls by the campground. It was a great weekend.

Thanks, I plan to fish/camp that creek soon, I hope. I hear good things about it and your pics confirm a lot of what I have heard.

I actually headed up there Thursday for a day trip. We got to Indian Creek around 10 am and the rain started. After about 45 minutes, we could not even see to safely wade so we walked on out.

I had a strike and my buddy had 2, but no fish.

Crockett 04-13-2010 08:58 PM

We had a great time up there drinking shine and smoking cigars :). Kevin had a lot better time catching fish than I did though since he was burning it up with his march brown. I caught a couple on nymphs but nothing the size or quantity that he was catching. He tried his best to teach me some dry fly skills but I have a long way to go with that haha.

spotlight 04-13-2010 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crockett (Post 79257)
We had a great time up there drinking shine and smoking cigars :). Kevin had a lot better time catching fish than I did though since he was burning it up with his march brown. I caught a couple on nymphs but nothing the size or quantity that he was catching. He tried his best to teach me some dry fly skills but I have a long way to go with that haha.

Me teaching you now that's funny I have only been fly fishing for 7 months now.....:eek:

Crockett 04-14-2010 09:27 AM

Hehe yeah but I have been for less than a yar myself and as you seen I am just a modified bait fisherman nymphing with my bobber :p


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.