Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website and Message Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Message Board News (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14018)

Paula Begley 06-10-2010 10:36 AM

Message Board News

Gang

I had some ankle surgery in late April. As a result, I was out of pocket for a while. This resulted in me being behind at work and behind on the moderation queue for this board.

The problem with catching up is that I have to weed through hundreds of spammers along with legitimate users. If you have registered and are unable to post...please shoot me an email so I can check your account and get you registered. So sorry for any inconvenience.

Paula

Grannyknot 06-10-2010 11:19 AM

Slacker. :p

Just kidding. I noticed that you weren't in the store the last few times I was up there. Hope you are healing up well.

-Cody

Paula Begley 06-10-2010 11:27 AM

Thanks Cody...I'm progressing nicely with the ankle...not so well with wading through the moderation queue. :redface:

I'm working on it.

Paula

Owl 06-10-2010 03:29 PM

Well, hope it's feeling 100% back to normal asap!

jeffnles1 06-10-2010 09:42 PM

Paula,
I saw you in the cast the last time Daniel and I were in the shop. A full and speedy recovery has been on my prayer list. In fact, this post just reminded me to say another one for you.

Hope you're back to 100% soon.

Jeff

Trip 06-10-2010 10:03 PM

What version of vbulletin are you running Paula? I run a board and never hardly have to deal with spammers. I also put in a couple of random dumb questions that are easy to answer before registration. That has stopped 90% of my spammers.

Paula Begley 06-11-2010 09:31 AM

Thanks guys...I'm doing two days of PT each week and the ankle is getting better daily.

Trip...we purposely hide the version of vbulletin we use because we don't want to expose it to the spammers, in case there are known holes.

I have all new members in a moderation queue...so spammers cannot get on the board to post, but this also means I must review each and every new member account request. And that takes time. We had 28 since yesterday morning and the vast majority of them will be spammers attempting to get on the board.

So, I'm really sorry if it takes some time for me to get you registered...it's the nature of the beast, unfortunately. Like I said, though, if you have registered and are still in the queue...just shoot me an email.

Paula

Trip 06-11-2010 11:10 AM

Ouch I couldn't handle the traffic like that daily. I use a couple anti stammer hacks from vbulletin.org and that kills a portion and then the registration questions get the rest.

I would get some mods or something to help you out if you want to keep going the queue route.

psnapp 06-11-2010 01:07 PM

Paula -- glad you're back and wishing you a speedy recovery! I knew you would restore law and order around here!

Phil

Paula Begley 06-20-2010 12:08 PM

Bumping this post because I understand someone was commenting on another message board forum about the length of time it took to get registered.

I'm really sorry it has taken me so long to get caught up on the queue. As I said...there are a lot of spammers in line to be banned as well as some legitimate users. Please shoot me an email at the address below if you have registered and are not able to post (include your board user name).

I answer every single email to me.

Paula