Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Canoes and Kayaks (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Drift boat for sale on Craigslist (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14400)

DBKSTONE2 09-03-2010 11:42 AM

Drift boat for sale on Craigslist

The drift boat is in Chattanooga and they are asking 3000 for a 2002 Hyde. Is the boat worth this? It has had some repairs to the chine and hull. Take a look and see what you guys think.

Thanks,

Steve Armes

billyspey 09-03-2010 09:33 PM

looks used and abused, i'll pass at that price.

DBKSTONE2 09-03-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyspey (Post 85436)
looks used and abused, i'll pass at that price.

I had some concerns as well. The pictures weren't great so I am going to go look at it up close and check some of the repairs. Maybe he will take 2k if cash is in hand.

DBKSTONE2 09-05-2010 12:55 AM

billy,

I should have listened to you and saved myself the 4 hour round trip. Needless to say the boat had been LOVED a lot. I guess I will keep looking.

waterwolf 09-07-2010 07:24 AM

It is easy to get one repaired. I sold my old boat earlier this summer to a buddy of mine who took it to a guy in Cleveland that reglassed the bottom for around $800.00. It is good as new now. Prior to being reglassed it was horrendous shape leaking to the point of having to pump multiple times a day.

DBKSTONE2 09-07-2010 10:19 AM

waterwolf,

I know little about boats so I get very nervous when I see a patch that is 2 1/2 feet by 3 feet in the middle of the boat plus fiberglass "strips" going down the bottom outer edges. Also, the boat edge with the oarlock block had been redone. Repairs to the oarlock area make me pause because of the amount of stress that area gets. Take all that in consideration the guy still wanted 3K. I will wait on something better or go out west and pick up a used boat from Hyde that has been reconditioned and has a warranty.

waterwolf 09-07-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBKSTONE2 (Post 85527)
waterwolf,

I know little about boats so I get very nervous when I see a patch that is 2 1/2 feet by 3 feet in the middle of the boat plus fiberglass "strips" going down the bottom outer edges. Also, the boat edge with the oarlock block had been redone. Repairs to the oarlock area make me pause because of the amount of stress that area gets. Take all that in consideration the guy still wanted 3K. I will wait on something better or go out west and pick up a used boat from Hyde that has been reconditioned and has a warranty.

I understand. I had redone the bottom of mine a dozen times, it was rough looking and showed the wear I had put on it. Afterall I rowed it for almost 10 years and put it through punishing stretches of rivers.

I do not like the fact that this boat has had glass work done to the oar lock region. That is very suspect and makes me wonder what happened to cause them to have to repair that area.

I would not buy this boat after learning this latest nugett of info. You can find better boats, maybe more money, but in the long run it would be worth your while.

DBKSTONE2 09-08-2010 05:14 PM

Waterwolf,

I am looking so if you hear of a good used drifter then let me know. They are so hard to find around here. I kick myself for not getting that boat several months back that was listed on the board. It seems there were boats everywhere when I was not looking but now they just dried up. I would like to have a Pavati Warrior which would be the car equivalent of a Bentley. Don't know if it rows any better (for the money it should row itself) but I could set and look at one in my driveway ALLLL DAYYYY.:cool:

billyspey 09-08-2010 09:14 PM

ther is a ro skiff in huntsville, alabama for sale i believe its a 2006 model if you are interested i will give you a contact info good lookin boat.

DBKSTONE2 09-09-2010 11:54 AM

Thanks Billy,

I am leaning more towards a traditional drifter. I am a big guy and I like the wider bottoms for stability on the drifters.