Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fly Tying (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Fly tying demonstration yesterday (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14771)

Hugh Hartsell 01-16-2011 12:14 PM

Fly tying demonstration yesterday

I would like to personally thank everyone who got out and attended the Fly tying classes and Demonstration on Saturday at LROs. There was a very large crowd and everyone seemed to have something they wanted to see tied or some fishing technique they wanted to discuss. It is great that Little River Outfitters allows us to participate at their location and that we can spread the knowledge around to help all fly fishermen to enjoy this great sport. My thanks again to all of you who came by and got involved. I hope to be with you again soon.
Hugh

flyman 01-16-2011 12:56 PM

I hate I missed it, I have a small notebook full of questions for you when I catch up to you though:biggrin:

Hugh Hartsell 01-16-2011 02:05 PM

notebook?

Steve,
You're not fooling me. I know the reason that you are carrying that notebook around. Your wanting to write down the coordinates for all those big rainbows and browns that I know about in the Holston River. When I'm not looking, you'll go catch all of them and post them online. Just wait. I'm going to show pictures of a bunch of them in a few days and you will wish that you had come over yesterday.:biggrin:
Hugh

GrouseMan77 01-16-2011 07:47 PM

Mr. Hartsell,
Your tying demonstration was very informative. I asked you to tie the quill gorden wet. The Thunderhead that you tied was outstanding. I enjoyed hearing the history behind the flies just as much as I enjoyed watching them being tied. It's really great that LRO does these demonstrations.

Thank you for taking time out of your day.

Grannyknot 01-17-2011 09:25 AM

Hugh, I really enjoyed the demonstration.
You told me to go catch a fish on the Thunderhead you tied for me, but I think I'll probably save that one for the memory. I'd hate to donate it to a streamside tree. You don't hear of people taking chances with vintage flies tied by Fred Hall or Don Howell and I'd put you right up there with those 2 guys in class and character.

It was great to finally meet you.
Cody Edrington

Hugh Hartsell 01-17-2011 09:56 AM

Thanks again to all of you

Fellows,
Again, it was my pleasure to be able to share my experiences with all of you that showed up at LROs on Saturday. It really made me feel good to know that so many people are interested in this sport. Your participation is what made the event what it was. All of you will be passing these little tidbits of information along to a new generation of flyfishermen and they will be even better than we are. You're all a part of history in this field and it was my pleasure to meet you all.
Hugh

silvercreek 01-17-2011 10:03 AM

For those of you who live too far away to watch Hugh tie in person, you can watch videos of him tying flies at his website. Click on the "Reports" section. He's got a few up now and hopefully more will follow.

MadisonBoats 01-18-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Hartsell (Post 89177)
I would like to personally thank everyone who got out and attended the Fly tying classes and Demonstration on Saturday at LROs.....

Hugh,
I wished I could have attended. You are one of my favorite tiers and your willingness to help others learn ranks you high on my list. Keep up the good work and maybe I will see you at Troutfest...