Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Thanks to DPS260...Rescued old Blue! (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15662)

MadisonBoats 10-30-2011 08:49 AM

Thanks to DPS260...Rescued old Blue!

I think I remembered his username correctly; DPS260. Well, he and a friend were launching at Peach Orchard Saturday Morning and I was launching my boat as well.

We started chatting before I parked my trailer and secured my boat. DPS260 says; "hey is your boat secured?" Lo and behold; that old blue boat decided to go fishing without me. It had started drifting away from the bank and was on its way.

DPS260 and his friend used their canoe to rescue my boat and to bring it back to me. I appreciate their efforts and kindness as I was ready to swim and get it. I hope I got his username correct and I would have mentioned his name; but, I will let him post it if he feels comfortable noting it.

I think kindness pays you back immensely. I like to think this example helps to illustrate it full-circle for me:smile:...

Blessings and Thanks DPS260!

pineman19 10-30-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadisonBoats (Post 96887)
I think I remembered his username correctly; DPS260. Well, he and a friend were launching at Peach Orchard Saturday Morning and I was launching my boat as well.

We started chatting before I parked my trailer and secured my boat. DPS260 says; "hey is your boat secured?" Lo and behold; that old blue boat decided to go fishing without me. It had started drifting away from the bank and was on its way.

DPS260 and his friend used their canoe to rescue my boat and to bring it back to me. I appreciate their efforts and kindness as I was ready to swim and get it. I hope I got his username correct and I would have mentioned his name; but, I will let him post it if he feels comfortable noting it.

I think kindness pays you back immensely. I like to think this example helps to illustrate it full-circle for me:smile:...

Blessings and Thanks DPS260!

Shawn,

That reminds me of a similar even several years ago on the Holston River @ Nances Ferry. I was fishing up above the first shoals, no one else was around. I noticed a fella launching a small boat, after a while I looked again and the boat was slowly drifting downstream fairly close to show. Luckily for the boat owner there was some others guys in a boat around a 100 yards downstream of the landing. I assume they either saw the boat drifting unattended or he yelled at them for help. They save him from a swim as well that day. I am sure he was appreciative as well.

Neal

dps260 10-31-2011 12:47 PM

Your welcome. Glad we could hope you out. We each caught fish on the flies you generously shared. It ended up being a tough but beautiful day. Lots of midges but we could never get the pattern dialed in.

Pat

MadisonBoats 11-03-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dps260 (Post 96930)
Your welcome. Glad we could hope you out. We each caught fish on the flies you generously shared. It ended up being a tough but beautiful day. Lots of midges but we could never get the pattern dialed in.

Pat

Pat,
Thanks again for the save! I had a tough day as well. The fly I gave did not work that well. The water was about 30% stained from coal creek and the fish were holding a little deeper that day. You should try that fly on the upper tailwater. I ended up collecting sticks for walking canes and throwing streamers on the way back down. I got them hitting on the streamers by throwing super tight to the banks and pulling straight out.