Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Not so new member (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15723)

dmitchell 11-24-2011 09:43 AM

Not so new member

greetings - I love the rivers of the smokies and the biology and seduction of catching fish in these beautiful settings year round. I have caught VERY few trout on the fly, but just enjoy being out there and "practicing" the art. So much thanks to Little River for their kindness and help in my journey.

MadisonBoats 11-24-2011 10:19 AM

Greetings friend! As with everything; there is always a learning curve and fly fishing has so many. That is the beauty of it.

If you keep your mind open to new ideas and always welcome pointers; you will progress faster than most! I have found those that are too prideful and close-minded have the least amount of diversity to offer. Just my observations.

One thing that I forget at times is to use the search feature on this forum. You can find tons of information. Also; open up a simple wordpad or notepad program in a separate window and copy/paste some of your favorite tips/topics you find.

SM

Jim Casada 11-25-2011 03:02 PM

Dmitchell--Welcome, and as you obviously recognize the catching is only part of the totality of the fishing experience--the surroundings, the loveliness of the setting, the rich history, and the peace of mind are important too.
Jim Casada
www.jimcasadaoutdoors.com

old east tn boy 11-29-2011 07:50 PM

introductions

Welcome! Through the generosity of the fine folks at LRO it is a pleasure to meet you. Always nice to meet another soul afflicted with the disease! Sort of like sharing the misery, so to speak.

You are correct in that just being there is sometimes the best part of fly fishing the park. Ms. Annie and I can sure get distracted easily from our fishing, what with all the things to see. She is particularly taken with water spiders, ha ha. Me, I just enjoy each outing as if it might be my last.

I hope you enjoy every outing more each time friend. Let us hear from you often!

MadisonBoats 11-29-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old east tn boy (Post 97435)
Welcome! Through the generosity of the fine folks at LRO it is a pleasure to meet you. Always nice to meet another soul afflicted with the disease! Sort of like sharing the misery, so to speak.

You are correct in that just being there is sometimes the best part of fly fishing the park. Ms. Annie and I can sure get distracted easily from our fishing, what with all the things to see. She is particularly taken with water spiders, ha ha. Me, I just enjoy each outing as if it might be my last.

I hope you enjoy every outing more each time friend. Let us hear from you often!

Old Boy,
I enjoyed these words as if you were speaking to me as well. I believe you have captured in words the true spirit of The River Why!

dmitchell 03-29-2013 10:12 AM

looking Good

Well, Checked in for the first time this year and see that the buzz has started about the flow and temperature. Going to the streams this weekend at Pittman Center to get started on my Smoky Mountain trout adventures for the year. Look forward to seeing all of you there (or not) Good Fishing