Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Troutfest (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   2012 Troutfest suggestion.....Tying related (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15827)

Grannyknot 01-25-2012 11:14 AM

2012 Troutfest suggestion.....Tying related

Byron:
This may not be at all possible, or a stretch at best, but in regards to the tying exhibitions, is there any way to let the public know what each tier's specialty is? The more well known tiers like bob clouser & walter are obvious, but some might like to know more about the flies of the lesser-known tiers.

For example, I typically gravitate to the tables where the old smoky mtn flies are tied and end up spending the whole day there, but if there were a tier that specialized in the ray bergman style wet flies, I'd love to know ahead of time so I could set aside time to watch him/her.

Just a suggesiton for the next time you meet with the crew.
Thanks,
Cody

Byron Begley 01-25-2012 06:48 PM

Hi Cody,

You make excellent points and I appreciate your input. Sarah Weeks handles the fly tying exhibition now. She came up with the same idea. I will copy your comments into an e-mail to her. We had a meeting on Sunday and discussed this same topic. She plans to get a biography from each tyer and we will put that on the website.

This event is getting to be huge. We have a new Chairman this year and he is much better than I was. We have more people on our committee now and we have new positions. I think we are at around 25 on the committee. The classroom was packed full on Sunday. I kept going to another room and getting more chairs as people showed up. This is exciting. And, I don't have the same workload as before. I'm happy.

Thanks again. Any comments are very much appreciated. Troutfest is your event so tell us what you want and we'll try to get it done.

Byron

flyman 01-27-2012 10:41 AM

OH BOY! I'm finally going to get to tell my story:biggrin: She isn't going to do any background checks or anything like that is she:eek:

Grannyknot 01-27-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyman (Post 98246)
OH BOY! I'm finally going to get to tell my story:biggrin:

this is going to be good.

5xtippett 01-27-2012 08:49 PM

"OH BOY! I'm finally going to get to tell my story" Quote by Flyman---- I have never been to Troutfest, but I thought it was family oriented!:eek:

5xtippett 01-27-2012 10:04 PM

All right, Flyman. I have been thinking about what stories you could tell at a place like this. After seriously studying the situation I narrowed it down to two. The one with the subfreezing temperatures, helicopter, Sierra Nevadas and the blonde Dolly Parton wig I discarded, because it still gives me the creeps just to think about it. However, I have decided you need to tell everyone how you became the only Human Being on planet Earth to kill a Rottweiler with a squirrel. :biggrin: