Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boats, Canoes and Kayaks (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Free rower for your oar rig (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15872)

duckypaddler 02-14-2012 09:53 AM

Free rower for your oar rig

I just ordered a raft fishing frame, and while I'm quite familiar with whitewater, I have never paddled an oar rig (unless a row boat in a pond counts). I would happily offer a free day of rowing (don't even want to fish) in exchange for some oar advice, and some general fishing advice from a moving boat, and answer question about anchors, etc.

Thanks
James Locke:smile:

Bfish 02-15-2012 11:45 AM

You can row me around. Will have to be your boat as my SDPuma is still buried in the garage behind my neighbor's belongings (They lost their house in tornado).

Midweek is usually better for me.

duckypaddler 02-16-2012 09:10 AM

My set up should be here by next week

If we take my boat I might fish just a little;)

I can get out on Wednesdays, so maybe the Wed after next?

Hiawassee, or do you have a better option?

Bfish 02-17-2012 10:35 AM

I am checking dates with the boss woman.:biggrin:

MadisonBoats 02-17-2012 01:59 PM

This is why I am not a big fan of rowing anything-not to sound condescending. I would rather be dual fishing and utilizing a nice electric motor to move me about with speed and ease....not that there is anything wrong with rowing. It is a great workout and it does take experience and skill to do it and fish.

BTW; I finished up my first electric motor prototype today and I hope to test it this weekend for load and heat ranging...:biggrin: Think of the lower water versatility of a jetski motor but with 360 degree operation. Plus, remote operation ability or to have the boat relocate with you while wading via remote. Also; the autonomous ability to follow waypoints, hold position, and parallel bank and other structures.

duckypaddler 02-18-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadisonBoats (Post 98714)
This is why I am not a big fan of rowing anything-not to sound condescending. I would rather be dual fishing and utilizing a nice electric motor to move me about with speed and ease....not that there is anything wrong with rowing. It is a great workout and it does take experience and skill to do it and fish.

BTW; I finished up my first electric motor prototype today and I hope to test it this weekend for load and heat ranging...:biggrin: Think of the lower water versatility of a jetski motor but with 360 degree operation. Plus, remote operation ability or to have the boat relocate with you while wading via remote. Also; the autonomous ability to follow waypoints, hold position, and parallel bank and other structures.

They make a motor mount for the frame also:biggrin:
Although I don't think there is a remote control:rolleyes:

MadisonBoats 02-18-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckypaddler (Post 98732)
They make a motor mount for the frame also:biggrin:
Although I don't think there is a remote control:rolleyes:

Ducky,
You should look in to getting you a mount or making one. Also; look for a trolling motor of 40lbs or higher. That will move your raft fabulously. The key is getting a nice deep cycle battery without the weight. Do the math on the amp draw of the trolling motor at WOT with you intended usage per day. Then select the right size battery to accommodate it. You will want to have about 45% left over at the end of each day.

Then; buy a schumarker digital charger and charge the battery heavy - 15 Amps immediately after each use.

An idea of costs:
-Trolling motor: $150 *Many of the more expensive models have the remote control wristbands and fobs. Look on Walmarts website for the stainless steel (white) transom mount trolling motor. It is better quality than their store model and more durable. Plus; it is about half the price.
-DC Battery: $75
-Charger: $65
-4-6 gauge wire (12'): $20

Knothead 02-18-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

(They lost their house in tornado).
You must live near Cleveland where we got hit hard in April, 2011.

If you power a boat by any means, you must register it with the state.

Bfish 02-18-2012 09:39 PM

Correct knothead

flyman 02-19-2012 05:01 PM

Chuck Norris always rows my raft...............in a dress:biggrin: