Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   3/24 clinch report (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15983)

Rodonthefly 03-24-2012 04:49 PM

3/24 clinch report

Fhished this morning and man did it feel great to be back in the water, day started a little slow down on the farm. Water was green. I did catch one on a pt. I'm going to call this luck. 15 to 16 inches.
Headed down to the church around 11, water was off color a little but not as bad as the farm. I guess shallower water helped some. Anyhow, I kicked their butt down there. Until I got pissed off about a jet boat blowing by me just to run up around the bend and turn around and come blowing back down river. I called him a few names, sorry if I offended any of you that might have been fishing around me. I also slung a rock at him on his way back down. That crap was uncalled for and that's the first time it's happened to me. Ad by any chance if the jack *** reads this. I'll meet you at 61 bridge boat ramp in the morning and give you the *** whooping you deserve! I'm not hard to miss!

Anyhow for starting off slow, fishing was decent, the fish are very healthy, just hate my day ended by a jack *** being stupide!

See ya on the water!
Rod

waterwolf 03-24-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodonthefly (Post 99576)
Fhished this morning and man did it feel great to be back in the water, day started a little slow down on the farm. Water was green. I did catch one on a pt. I'm going to call this luck. 15 to 16 inches.
Headed down to the church around 11, water was off color a little but not as bad as the farm. I guess shallower water helped some. Anyhow, I kicked their butt down there. Until I got pissed off about a jet boat blowing by me just to run up around the bend and turn around and come blowing back down river. I called him a few names, sorry if I offended any of you that might have been fishing around me. I also slung a rock at him on his way back down. That crap was uncalled for and that's the first time it's happened to me. Ad by any chance if the jack *** reads this. I'll meet you at 61 bridge boat ramp in the morning and give you the *** whooping you deserve! I'm not hard to miss!

Anyhow for starting off slow, fishing was decent, the fish are very healthy, just hate my day ended by a jack *** being stupide!

See ya on the water!
Rod

sucks about the jet, water must have been as little high still. If he continues this stuff his time will come.

Rodonthefly 03-24-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterwolf (Post 99577)
sucks about the jet, water must have been as little high still. If he continues this stuff his time will come.

Water was a little high but not that much! I couldn't beleave but then again I've heard those boats would run in 4 inches of water. Really it was a site to behold!

Corbo 03-25-2012 09:59 AM

There is no excuse for poor manners.... hopefully the inconsiderate idiot does not return. Same thing happened to me last year at Nance's.

Anyone ever try to pull a boat trailer with flat tires?

Think it's only a misdemeanor if you get snagged.

kentuckytroutbum 03-25-2012 11:37 AM

In naval parlance...."Launch one over the bow."

MadisonBoats 03-25-2012 06:00 PM

One thing to consider is that jet boats only run shallow when on plane. That means they have to be up to speed and maintain that speed. Rod; the river gets tight with certain runs down there that I follow so that I do not rake the bottom. Maybe he was just trying to scoot by you the quickest and best way he knew possible(?). Or, he could have just been inconsiderate.

One thing to note fellas. You have to be very solid in your reactions to stressors. My attorney friends tell me emotions keep them in business.

In fairness; it is easy for me to give my opinion since it was not me in this situation.:rolleyes:

Rodonthefly 03-25-2012 07:40 PM

Perhaps I might have went a little over board in my post yesterday, I don't know? I'm still a little pissed about the fact that someone had enough nerve to blow by 15 to 20 wade fishermen the way that he did. I personally could not have looked up river and seen all the folks enjoying our fine sport, and do what he did. Someone could have been hurt or killed, including the DA that was running the boat! The last thing I want to do is try and save a life while I'm on the water relaxing catching fish.
I would be troubled to hear that this guy was a fly fisherman. I have never met a fly fisherman that would do such a thing. I understand that I don't own my river and he had just as much right to be there as I did, but I guess the rule "do unto others as you would have them to do to you", does not apply in this world as it once did. There's no fish in the Clinch river worth getting killed over or killing some/hurting someone over.

MadisonBoats 03-25-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodonthefly (Post 99609)
Perhaps I might have went a little over board in my post yesterday, I don't know? I'm still a little pissed about the fact that someone had enough nerve to blow by 15 to 20 wade fishermen the way that he did. I personally could not have looked up river and seen all the folks enjoying our fine sport, and do what he did. Someone could have been hurt or killed, including the DA that was running the boat! The last thing I want to do is try and save a life while I'm on the water relaxing catching fish.
I would be troubled to hear that this guy was a fly fisherman. I have never met a fly fisherman that would do such a thing. I understand that I don't own my river and he had just as much right to be there as I did, but I guess the rule "do unto others as you would have them to do to you", does not apply in this world as it once did. There's no fish in the Clinch river worth getting killed over or killing some/hurting someone over.

Rod, it sounds worse than I was thinking...

Did you get a boat number or description. I am pretty fluent with most TWRA and TVA Officers. So; I would definitely let them know about this incident. I am worried about someone getting hurt on the water. Lets work together to help make sure this does not happen.

g022271 03-25-2012 10:25 PM

You would think that there would be some kind of restriction as to how close one of these boats can come to someone who is in the water whether it be a fisherman or somone in another boat or kayak. I wade down there sometimes and would have some major problems staying standing if one of these things came close and I would say that I'm not the only one.

Corbo 03-26-2012 12:46 AM

Okay; borrow my 12 weight with DXR anti-reverse reel and tie on a 4/0 striper fly and snag him by accident on your back cast... I assure you this rig will tow him free of his boat.

More seriously a WAKE from a boat on full plane could sink a wade fisher very easily. I have owned two jet boats and NEVER used them near wading fishermen... the people you piss off might become former friends.