Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Corp agreement (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16008)

silvercreek 04-01-2012 09:42 AM

Corp agreement

The Corp has entered into an agreement with a host of TN agencies with the goal of providing more communication between the various agencies. Part of this will be enhanced recreational info. Now would be a good time to push for better info on dam releases. For example, recently the TVA release schedule showed no generation on the Caney. What the release schedule did not show was that Center Hill dam would be sluicing 3000cfs. Sluicing is not now reported in the release schedules. It would be nice in my opinion if water release of any type were shown in the schedules. Currently they just show the number of generators which will be run. I do not care if the water comes from the generators or sluice gates. I just want to know how much water is scheduled to go through the dam. Water release schedules should show water releases of any type. The TVA does not appear to be part of this agreement. The Corps has a facebook page and there would be a good place to post your request. Silvercreek

BlueRaiderFan 04-01-2012 10:54 AM

I don't see a way of posting to their facebook page.

Corbo 04-01-2012 11:51 AM

The whole "one generator or two generator" thing is absurd... CFS would be a nice addition to the TVA flow web-site. Not "mentioning" sluicing is BS.

The following comment is not directed at the Op or anyone else...

Like I have said here before; if you want to do something about flows etc. you need to organize. Nothing worse than complainers who don't stand up for what they want... there is no reason to be afraid of the TVA...

silvercreek 04-01-2012 12:01 PM

BlueRaider, log in to your facebook page and while staying signed in, go to the Nashville Corps site, click on the facebook icon under the Commanders Blog and you should be able to post. If you are not a facebook member, you will have to use some other contact method like the public affairs officer for the Corp. Corbo, this is a Corps initiative and I'm not sure the TVA will go along with modifying their services, but it sure would be nice for recreational users to know what amount of water to expect and would help water safety. Silvercreek

BlueRaiderFan 04-01-2012 01:22 PM

Ah! Ok, got it...

Corbo 04-01-2012 01:24 PM

Silvercreek

Under the Federal Power Act TVA MUST report every two years what they have done in terms of "Recreational" improvements etc. within their project boundaries and their immediate tailwater. TU HERE shpould get involved in this process and insist that better intelligence be provided to wading anglers below dams.... I did this in Maine and the utilities now report in CFS... makes it simpler.

BlueRaiderFan 04-01-2012 01:26 PM

https://www.facebook.com/nashvilledistrictcommander

Bfish 04-01-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbo (Post 99789)
Silvercreek

Under the Federal Power Act TVA MUST report ....

TVA is exempt from almost all of the FPA

Flat Fly n 04-01-2012 10:23 PM

Corbo,
I'm not sure why it's so important to post CFS....it's either off or on, and 1 or 2 are pretty "simple" to us simpletons here that have fished for 25 years behind these dams...

I for one appreciate how TVA post the schedule and that you can plan your trip around a website or phone recording. If you want frustrating, try going to the White River and dealing with those "Corp of Engineer" boys. BTW....it absolutely blows on the Rapid River that you can get a predicted schedule, just present flow of the mighty CFS. You can have it.

silvercreek 04-02-2012 08:17 AM

Flatflying, One or two are simple, but currently they do not report sluicing which can be up to 3,000cfs I believe. Reporting cfs just seemed to me an easy way to provide users info. If you are fishing below one of the dams controlling the Cumberland River, Center Hill, Dale Hollow, Wolf Creek, you are dealing with the Corps. Seeing zero generators and then arriving to find they are sluicing 1800 cfs sucks. Regards, Silvercreek