Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Warmwater Fly Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Holston Proper (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16216)

Randy Ratliff 06-07-2012 08:26 PM

Holston Proper
 
.............

Troutman 06-10-2012 04:00 PM

Awesome fish!

No Hackle 06-12-2012 02:02 PM

WOW!!!! Nice fish.
Lynn

Randy Ratliff 06-12-2012 03:07 PM

Thanks Lynn

Gary, hope we can get you on one of these monsters next Monday, looking forward to it.

milligan trout degree 06-12-2012 04:20 PM

That's a pig! I've been fishing the holston a lot lately. I've been catching a bunch of cookie cutter 12-15 inch fish, but nothing like that.

waterwolf 06-12-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milligan trout degree (Post 101519)
That's a pig! I've been fishing the holston a lot lately. I've been catching a bunch of cookie cutter 12-15 inch fish, but nothing like that.

You may be fishing a different holston than Rnady is, if he is fishing where he normally does.

milligan trout degree 06-12-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterwolf (Post 101530)
You may be fishing a different holston than Rnady is, if he is fishing where he normally does.

You're right, I forgot about his location. My guess is we were on different rivers. If not for impoundments, it'd be the same river though.

waterwolf 06-13-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milligan trout degree (Post 101531)
You're right, I forgot about his location. My guess is we were on different rivers. If not for impoundments, it'd be the same river though.


I know, my comment was tongue in cheek with regards to a "different holston".

Troutman 06-13-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Ratliff (Post 101513)

Gary, hope we can get you on one of these monsters next Monday, looking forward to it.

I hope so too! Floated a short section of the lower LR yesterday and while I caught a lot of redbreast and french bass, the smallies were tight lipped. The biggest to hand was maybe 8" ! :biggrin:
One thing I forgot to mention is that the otters have also migrated down there also. I was fishing the section from River johns to the water plant and had an otter chasing and eating bream at one area I was trying to fish. Watched him/her catch one and eat it in front of me. They dont just eat crawfish! I've seen them in Sevierville also.

milligan trout degree 06-13-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waterwolf (Post 101533)
I know, my comment was tongue in cheek with regards to a "different holston".

I know, with two lakes in between, they may as well be different rivers.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.