Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Photography (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94)
-   -   Pentax Waterproof K30 - Need assistance (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16514)

Breck 10-29-2012 09:28 PM

Pentax Waterproof K30 - Need assistance

Ok, getting into this taking pictures thing while fishing and have graduated to a DSLR based on previous members posts.

Recently purchased an entry level waterproof Pentax K30 and would like assistance from members that can guide me to a local supplier of equipment ie; lenses. It appears the internet has eliminated most mom and pop stores.

If there is a local store to the Knoxville area I would like to keep business local and would appreciate recommendations.

Need a Weather Proof Telephoto 60-250 mm F/4 and a Micro/Macro FA 100mm F2.8 to add to my kit.

Thank You,

Breck

flyred06 10-30-2012 11:53 AM

I have a pentex dslr also. great cameras. does yours have the stabilization built into the camera body or do you have to buy stabilization lense? Wolf Camera is always a resource to find lense. If you have the stabilization built into the body of the camera look into the tameron lenses. good quality lower $$$$.

ChemEAngler 10-30-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breck (Post 103799)
Ok, getting into this taking pictures thing while fishing and have graduated to a DSLR based on previous members posts.

Recently purchased an entry level waterproof Pentax K30 and would like assistance from members that can guide me to a local supplier of equipment ie; lenses. It appears the internet has eliminated most mom and pop stores.

If there is a local store to the Knoxville area I would like to keep business local and would appreciate recommendations.

Need a Weather Proof Telephoto 60-250 mm F/4 and a Micro/Macro FA 100mm F2.8 to add to my kit.

Thank You,

Breck

Wolf Camera went out of business, and the only true local photography store I can think of is Thompson Photo. Been there a few times for specialty items, but they are a bit pricey...

Breck 11-02-2012 08:49 PM

Flyred06 and ChemE,

Yes to the stabilization in the camera.

I am on the hunt for a great deal on the 60-250mm and FA 100mm lenses.

Had tough conditions today and the K30 got wet. Performed well in the hands of a novice. I am in the pursuit of great pictures of great days on the water!!!!

Thank You Gentleman.

Breck

Joe Congleton 11-14-2012 09:40 AM

Thompsons may seem pricey but they are good. I have a couple of pentax i boight there but not your model. Thompson photo supply. The late Eddie ThomPSON was a life long smokies fisherman and the founders of the company took many of the photos which helped get the GSMNP created. They deserve our business IMO.

Breck 11-14-2012 07:47 PM

Joe and all the above Thank You. Called them (Thompsons)and nothing in stock. Ordered both off Amazon and got a great deal!!!

Absolutely incredible glass. Got a lowepro waterproof back pack as well. Can't wait to get out to a blue line!!

Will post pics soon.

Breck

flyred06 11-15-2012 09:27 AM

Can't wait to see some pics posted. I love my pentax they make excellent photos. Post some soon and it gives you an excuse to go fishing. Lol

Breck 11-15-2012 03:01 PM

Flyred, I will take your advise immediately. Are you in the area of Knoxville by chance?

Breck

flyred06 11-15-2012 08:51 PM

No I am in Gadsden Alabama. I manage the facilities of three warehouses in Knoxville and will be up there next week or the next for a few days but other than that I just stay around Alabama.

Breck 11-15-2012 09:47 PM

Flyred,

send me an email.

breckdavis100@gmail.com