Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   New Guy (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16578)

Dan the Fly Man 12-17-2012 05:22 PM

New Guy

Hello all I'm new to the forum although I've been reading for a few months. I've been fly fishing for around a year and a half or so now and I wanted to find a local forum where I could toss around some thoughts and possibly get some tips on how to improve my angling skills. I've done a mix of both mountain and tailwater trout fishing with some successes in both. That's all I've really got to say at the moment but I'm sure you'll see some posts of mine in the coming months with some questions and hopefully success stories from the water. I'm looking forward to chatting and contributing to these boards.

Dan

g022271 12-17-2012 07:54 PM

Welcome Dan, I look forward to seeing some of your upcoming fishing posts. Some of these guys set some high standards with their posts and I envy their photo skills and their descriptive narratives.

Mike

flyred06 12-17-2012 08:54 PM

welcome. to be on here you have to only fish bamboo rods made in east tenn with silk lines and dry flies. :eek::smile: lol if that were true I would have never made the cut. welcome and can't wait to see what you bring to the table.

g022271 12-17-2012 09:22 PM

Flyred06, I see your location is in Gadsden. I used to make calls down in that area and had a good customer/friend by the name of Mack Johnson.. Do ya know him?I worked alll of north Ala. for 5-6 yrs.

Mike

Streamhound 12-17-2012 09:37 PM

Welcome
Looking forward to your posts

JoeFred 12-18-2012 09:23 AM

A belated welcome! to you, Dan. Looking forward to your posts. Shoot me an e-mail to info @ saintclairmapping dot com if you could make use a free printed map or two. Please include your forum member name and the date of this post for verification purposes.
JF

flyred06 12-18-2012 11:52 AM

g022271

Quote:

Originally Posted by g022271 (Post 104200)
Flyred06, I see your location is in Gadsden. I used to make calls down in that area and had a good customer/friend by the name of Mack Johnson.. Do ya know him?I worked alll of north Ala. for 5-6 yrs.

Mike

what type industry were you in. the name you mentioned didn't sound familiar but if I know the type buisness it might jog my memory

g022271 12-18-2012 06:52 PM

I was in consumer sales and called on independent supermkts (i.e....Mack's store ..Giant Foods) and a wholesaler called Mitchell Grocery in Albertville.

flyred06 12-18-2012 07:29 PM

Yes you are talking about Lynns father at Johnson giant foods. I use to fish tournaments against lynn

g022271 12-20-2012 08:25 PM

Flyred, Yeah, I know Lynn, but did my business with his brother who also was called Mack. Mack was a super guy and could knock a golfball a mile. He built a house on the banks of the Coosa about 7-8 yrs ago. I really enjoyed working in north Ala. and miss those days and friendships..

Mike

P.S. My email address is memcconk@gmail.com if you want to email me instead of putting our aside conversation on here.