Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoky Mountain Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   This Quote (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16614)

BlueRaiderFan 01-12-2013 09:45 PM

This Quote
 
sums up my day:

He says you fish poorly. You understand their language? Paints-His-Shirt speaks English, he just does this to aggravate me


Four rises...one on...none to hand...fish were active...the water was warm...no excuses.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...07648408_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...37795531_n.jpg


https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...76187163_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...40362562_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...25951566_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...82537663_n.jpg

Varmitcounty 01-13-2013 12:10 AM

Glad I wasn't the only one who had a rough day. Awesome to be out in shirtsleeves in January though. I must admit, this weather makes me think we are in for a sucker punch from old man winter.

NDuncan 01-13-2013 12:21 AM

Sorry you guys had a rough day... I was up on Sams and had a pretty good day. I'll post a full report later when later when upload photos. I'll say this much now, I only had two dinks on the dry but the Brookies went nuts on the pink weenie. I had a big rainbow snap my tippet like it was a spider web on upper tremont just before dark on a caddis larvae dropper too. Tomorrow I'm not sure where I will head out to, but if you go out tomorrow, hopefully this info may help.

g022271 01-13-2013 12:22 AM

I do like the quote from Jeremiah Johnson!! I like the pics as well!!

Mike

NDuncan 01-13-2013 12:26 AM

Other anglers I ran into that had fished down low on tremont said they had a skunk of a day too. I don't know what they were fishing with

BlueRaiderFan 01-13-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varmitcounty (Post 104452)
Glad I wasn't the only one who had a rough day. Awesome to be out in shirtsleeves in January though. I must admit, this weather makes me think we are in for a sucker punch from old man winter.

I bet we get frost in April :mad:

BlueRaiderFan 01-13-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDuncan (Post 104453)
Sorry you guys had a rough day... I was up on Sams and had a pretty good day. I'll post a full report later when later when upload photos. I'll say this much now, I only had two dinks on the dry but the Brookies went nuts on the pink weenie. I had a big rainbow snap my tippet like it was a spider web on upper tremont just before dark on a caddis larvae dropper too. Tomorrow I'm not sure where I will head out to, but if you go out tomorrow, hopefully this info may help.

I came THIS close to going up to Sam's...Yep, I had a caddis on. The rises were from decent looking fish from what I could tell...just couldn't get 'em to take, except for that one. No tippet breakers though.

BlueRaiderFan 01-13-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g022271 (Post 104454)
I do like the quote from Jeremiah Johnson!! I like the pics as well!!

Mike

Thanks, Mike...it sure summed up my day.

NDuncan 01-13-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFan (Post 104458)
I came THIS close to going up to Sam's...Yep, I had a caddis on. The rises were from decent looking fish from what I could tell...just couldn't get 'em to take, except for that one. No tippet breakers though.

Go back out tomorrow! Get back on that horse!

I had a good number of black stoneflies land/crawl all over me late afternoon. About 1/2 were around size 16-18 and the other were around 16-14.

BlueRaiderFan 01-13-2013 12:16 PM

Back is a little sore from yesterday...gonna stay home and practice my banjo. Hope you guys catch a bunch.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.