Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Fly Tying (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Some Low life scum bag (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16761)

Corbo 04-04-2013 05:12 AM

Some Low life scum bag
 
I like to tie on the back porch and a week ago someone stole two large fly boxes from my fly tying table full of very awesome flies.... a couple hundred. One box was a Christmas gift; an Okuma with mini lids on one side.

Hard to be joyful tying up the replacements... seriously pisses me off that even with a fence on both sides and a river to the rear someone would have the nerve to prowl out back and steal flies!

Several months ago our door was kicked in and firearms taken; fortunately the bulk of them were in a safe....

Streamhound 04-04-2013 02:34 PM

Sorry to hear that.
That is one Cold Bas***d

Time to put trap cameras on the back of the house?

mattblick 04-04-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbo (Post 105554)
I like to tie on the back porch and a week ago someone stole two large fly boxes from my fly tying table full of very awesome flies.... a couple hundred. One box was a Christmas gift; an Okuma with mini lids on one side.

Hard to be joyful tying up the replacements... seriously pisses me off that even with a fence on both sides and a river to the rear someone would have the nerve to prowl out back and steal flies!

Several months ago our door was kicked in and firearms taken; fortunately the bulk of them were in a safe....

Unbelievable! This won't bring back your flies but I've got one of those Okuma boxes gathering dust; yours free if you want it. Put an email address in the thread and I'll shoot you a message.

-Matt-

Breck 04-04-2013 08:46 PM

Bad mojo for sure
 
Corbo, I am willing to assist with any flies you may need.

May all of your flies be barbed and the sharpest (to catch him as he fishes)!!!!!

Breck

NDuncan 04-04-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breck (Post 105566)
Corbo, I am willing to assist with any flies you may need.

May all of your flies be barbed and the sharpest (to catch him as he fishes)!!!!!

Breck

...and maybe a little rusty :biggrin:

MadisonBoats 04-05-2013 06:37 AM

There are good people too!
 
Richard,
You are always welcome to any of my fly boxes or flies; if you would actually want them.:biggrin:

Nice to see so many good people offering kindness to you in this situation. Good job friends!

Streamhound 04-05-2013 02:03 PM

just a thought
 
have you started watching ebay? In my area when there are robberies like this or even from malls and stores a lot of folks are caught by trying to sell the stuff on ebay. My best friend was in the police and part of his duties was to check for stolen goods on ebay. He caught quite a few that way. Did not get them for robbery but at least receiving stolen goods

Kytroutbum 04-05-2013 04:10 PM

Keep an eye on flyfishing websites that have "For Sale" threads. I usually follow these: Flyanglersonline, Southeastflyfishing forum and Flytyingforum.

Corbo 04-08-2013 06:29 AM

Thank you all for offers
 
of awesome kindness!

So after asking the neighborhood "moms" if they had seen anything suspicious in regards to my missing fly boxes.....

THEY WERE RETURNED TO THE METAL SHELVING ON MY BACK PORCH YESTERDAY WHILE WE WERE OUT FOR MANY HOURS!

This is an enormous releif as I lay tile several days each week and have very sore fingers.... my finger tips are very torn-up and it's difficult to dub as my fingers are polished of "prints", little friction so to speak.

I am so grateful to all of you for offers to help out; particularly those of you I have not met in person!

Shawn; you tie flies that ACTUALLY do catch alot of fish; that said, like many folks I have a phobia about fishing with flies I did not tie.... I do get tempted though when you get them on those weird midges you tie though or that whacky spinner thing.

MEANWHILE... Some low life unscrewed my new fish finder from my console and removed the sending unit from my transom! Too many pill heads cruize my neighborhood.

ChemEAngler 04-08-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbo (Post 105604)
of awesome kindness!

So after asking the neighborhood "moms" if they had seen anything suspicious in regards to my missing fly boxes.....

THEY WERE RETURNED TO THE METAL SHELVING ON MY BACK PORCH YESTERDAY WHILE WE WERE OUT FOR MANY HOURS!

This is an enormous releif as I lay tile several days each week and have very sore fingers.... my finger tips are very torn-up and it's difficult to dub as my fingers are polished of "prints", little friction so to speak.

I am so grateful to all of you for offers to help out; particularly those of you I have not met in person!

Shawn; you tie flies that ACTUALLY do catch alot of fish; that said, like many folks I have a phobia about fishing with flies I did not tie.... I do get tempted though when you get them on those weird midges you tie though or that whacky spinner thing.

MEANWHILE... Some low life unscrewed my new fish finder from my console and removed the sending unit from my transom! Too many pill heads cruize my neighborhood.

Corbo,

You just can't get a break man. Flippin' druggies, honest people just can't have anything these days. Sounds to me like you need to move or develop a reputation as some itchy trigger-fingered old man.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.