Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoky Mountain Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Where's everyone at? (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16874)

Dawgvet 05-31-2013 02:23 PM

Where's everyone at?

I was just wondering where everyone has gone to? This board used to be pretty active, especially during peak fishing season, now besides a few regulars its kinda slow? Did someone run a lot of people off? I would like to see it active like it once was.
Thanks
Jed

flyred06 05-31-2013 02:39 PM

I think that the strange weather patterns has kept the fishing slow for right now. The economy has a lot of people not traveling much. Possibly thanks explains some of the lack of posting

Dawgvet 05-31-2013 05:31 PM

I hope so. Just seems like I used to see a lot more folks posting here. Need as much GSMNP info for my daily Smokies fix ;)

TylerG10 05-31-2013 06:48 PM

I agree! I am new around here but check in often. Maybe we just need to start a bunch of new topics in every board and get people talking!

duckypaddler 05-31-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgvet (Post 106391)
I was just wondering where everyone has gone to? This board used to be pretty active, especially during peak fishing season, now besides a few regulars its kinda slow? Did someone run a lot of people off? I would like to see it active like it once was.
Thanks
Jed

I've been doing my part. My last blitz of posts were inspired by Breck's ton of posts last season.

Got out with NDuncan today:smile:. Took lots of pictures. Now if only someone could find my camera, I'd be happy to post a report:frown:

Probably right below island where Buck Fork comes in as that's where I changed. Or I guess it could be somewhere on the Buck Fork manway. Anyone want to fish there tomorrow?

Probably gonna have some posts that look similar to FlyReds until I can find or buy another camera:eek:

But to seriously answer your question - all internet boards whether it be fishing, boating, etc are way on decline:frown:. Not sure if social media now is primary source for so many, or if the thrill of the new technology of boards has just grown old with many.

Dawgvet 06-01-2013 09:22 AM

Ducky,
That's what I've been noticing around other message boards as well. Kinda bummed about that. Oh well, do the best you can with whatcha got!
Jed

flyred06 06-02-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckypaddler (Post 106399)
I've been doing my part. My last blitz of posts were inspired by Breck's ton of posts last season.

Got out with NDuncan today:smile:. Took lots of pictures. Now if only someone could find my camera, I'd be happy to post a report:frown:

Probably right below island where Buck Fork comes in as that's where I changed. Or I guess it could be somewhere on the Buck Fork manway. Anyone want to fish there tomorrow?

Probably gonna have some posts that look similar to FlyReds until I can find or buy another camera:eek:

But to seriously answer your question - all internet boards whether it be fishing, boating, etc are way on decline:frown:. Not sure if social media now is primary source for so many, or if the thrill of the new technology of boards has just grown old with many.

The reason my post are not as colorful as others with photos is that I have not been able to get my pics to upload. I do the same thing I did for years and they would upload but now when I try it always tells me upload is unsuccessful. Since that started I got to where I never even take a camera with me anymore.:frown:

duckypaddler 06-02-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyred06 (Post 106423)
The reason my post are not as colorful as others with photos is that I have not been able to get my pics to upload. I do the same thing I did for years and they would upload but now when I try it always tells me upload is unsuccessful. Since that started I got to where I never even take a camera with me anymore.:frown:

Are you using photobucket or similar site?
I know when you click the picture add button on LRO it automatically puts a http// at front, and I need to erase that before I paste link in. Could that be it? I will be happy to get it to work for you, or upload trhem if you cant. If you still don't want to use your camera feel free to send it to me and I'll upload lots of pictures :biggrin:

flyred06 06-02-2013 09:45 PM

thanks dp. I am not sure what is going on. I use to post pics all the time with no problem but the last few times I can't get them to work. I use photo bucket but I did go to a new computer and a different camera. I may try to upload and post a trial photo tomorow or the next day of some flies I been wanting to share. dp I may have to ask for some help if they don't work. It could just be the loose nut between the camera, computer and web site. lol

jeffnles1 06-03-2013 04:56 PM

The past 2 summers, I've been working a LOT of hours with little vacation time being able to be had in summer months due to project schedules. It has severely cut my fishing locally and just about eliminated any chance of fishing in the mountains.

I frequent the board to live vicariously through others here but haven't been posting much. If you aren't fishing, there's not a lot to post on a fishing board.

Jeff