Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Just moved from PA (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17008)

Brownie 08-02-2013 05:59 PM

Just moved from PA

Hello everyone,

I have just moved from PA to Rockford and wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some friends down here.

I am originally from England (please don't hold it against me LOL!) and have lived in the states for 7 years so far. I am a complete trout fishing NUT and tie all my own flies. My home waters in PA were the Letort, Spring Creek , Penns Creek and several others.

As well as fishing for Trout I have fly fished for Steelhead and Bone fish and Tarpon when on vacation.

My home waters in PA were very different to the tailwaters and Mountain creeks here so I am really looking to meet some fishing buddies that like to fish ALOT and share their experience. I really would like to get up to speed on fishing in this area and hopefully make some good friends too.

I breed dogs so I am pretty open and flexible as far as fishing time, if you are looking for a fishing buddy please let me know, I look forward to contributing to this forum as soon as I get some experience on these waters but in the meantime I am happy to offer any advice on fly tying as that is a big passion of mine.

Hope to meet some of you soon.

Kind regards

Jules

Breck 08-03-2013 05:04 AM

Welcome Jules. You have landed on the right forum. Great people and excellent fishing!!

Hope to meet you soon.

Breck
breckdavis100@gmail.com

Brownie 08-03-2013 09:16 AM

Thanks for the welcome Breck, look forward to meeting you.

JoeFred 08-03-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownie (Post 107242)
Hello everyone,

I have just moved from PA to Rockford and wanted to introduce myself and hopefully make some friends down here.

I am originally from England (please don't hold it against me LOL!)...

Jules

Welcome aboard, Jules. I clearly won't hold it against you that you are originally from England. I owe a lot to Nick, a fellow countryman of yours I met on the CartoTalk forum. He patiently taught me much of what little I know about mapping. Anxious to hear more from you.

JF

Brownie 08-03-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeFred (Post 107252)
Welcome aboard, Jules. I clearly won't hold it against you that you are originally from England. I owe a lot to Nick, a fellow countryman of yours I met on the CartoTalk forum. He patiently taught me much of what little I know about mapping. Anxious to hear more from you.

JF

Thanks Joe, nice job on the maps I actually bought the 44 maps on USB from you guys, they are great. I'm waiting for someone to offer up some company and conversation on the stream:)

Streamhound 08-03-2013 08:41 PM

Welcome
I went to school in your lovely country a long time ago and met my wife there.

It will be interesting hearing your perspective on the fishing in these parts

Brownie 08-04-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streamhound (Post 107258)
Welcome
I went to school in your lovely country a long time ago and met my wife there.

It will be interesting hearing your perspective on the fishing in these parts

Thanks Streamhound I am looking forward to it , one of the Forum members has kindly offered to show me around the Park next week which will be great :)

Streamhound 08-04-2013 04:17 PM

Do they have rhododendron all over streams in PA? Just curious when I was in Wyoming I was struck by the openness of the streams

Brownie 08-04-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Streamhound (Post 107270)
Do they have rhododendron all over streams in PA? Just curious when I was in Wyoming I was struck by the openness of the streams

On the Mountain Brookie streams in PA there was lots of Rhododendron that liked to eat my waders !

The-Sasquatch 08-07-2013 05:18 PM

Yup you ain't kidding. I'm a small stream fly fisherman from PA. That crap is everywhere.