Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Members Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Hello from mid-Tn. (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17168)

divad 10-06-2013 11:24 AM

Hello from mid-Tn.

I look at the forum almost daily. Some post I might be able to add something. I tye flies, toy with bamboo rod restoration, truck camping and back country camping, dutch oven cooking. Trout, are number one. Next is blue gill, bass, walleye and on and on. First picked up a fly rod back in the sixties, dad had one to play with the blue gill. It was years later that I really got hooked on fly fishing. Now days I don't care to pick up any hardware. I love fishing mountain streams, some friends accuse me of fishing ditches, the streams being so small. I'll have to get Grumpy to walk me through posting pictures for fishing reports, if I can manage to catching any. I got to meet DeadDrifter1 and his fishing buddy last July on Thunderhead. Hope I get to meet everyone here on the forum one day on the water.
David Robinson

Breck 10-06-2013 07:37 PM

David

Welcome to the Best Forum!!!!

Come fish the Hiwassee and Tellico River area.

Breck

divad 10-06-2013 08:36 PM

I agree with you, this has to be the best forum. I'll be fishing that area sometime this fall, soon. Thanks for the welcome.
David

Rob Johnson 10-11-2013 10:44 PM

Good to have you onboard. I still like slinging "hardware" for bass, but if you are after mountain trout, the guys here will be glad to help. Cheers!

divad 10-12-2013 09:24 AM

Thanks Rob, I do use hardware when trolling for walleye, they are one of the best tasting fish. If not using a fly rod, I always think, how this fish would have felt on a fly rod.
David

Byron Begley 10-30-2013 07:47 AM

Hi David,

Thank you for joining and posting. I certainly understand your passion for fishing in the Smokies. I moved to Townsend from Nashville over 20 years ago. I moved here because I love fly fishing and the mountains.

I hope to see you here often. Please tell Grumpy, Allen and Leo I said hello! One of the many things I miss by not living in Nashville, is visiting the folks at Cumberland Transit.

You will find many of my friends from Nashville on this board.

Byron

divad 10-31-2013 09:50 PM

Thanks for the greeting Byron. I'll tell them hello for you at CT. The Saturday morning crew at CT is one to experience, drinking coffee, casting bamboo, to see who can tell the tallest story. Most all the regulars at CT are on the LRO Forum and reading the fish'n reports and watching the river gauge.

Byron Begley 11-01-2013 07:34 PM

I was in CT over 20 years ago showing Allen the plans for my new house in Townsend. A fellow walked up and asked for directions to Bellevue. Since I had lived in West Mead for years and that was my part of town, I told him how to get there. We chatted for a minute and he left. Allen said, "Do you know who that is?" I said, "naw". He told me the man was Jimmy Buffett. Sure enough, I walked up to the front of the store to get a better look at him. He was Jimmy Buffett. So I tell everyone I know now, Jimmy Buffet and I are close personal friends.

Byron

divad 11-02-2013 08:26 AM

A couple weekends back Grumpy was telling me about Buffet being in CT. Said he just made a walk through the fly shop. Grumpy and I had been talking about one of Buffet's books. You never know who'll see in a fly shop and Grumpy has some good stories. One of my favorites to hear, is the first time Mike, coach of Atlanta Falcons, came into CT fly shop.