Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoky Mountain Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Missing GoPro.. (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17450)

jaysonalexander4 04-14-2014 01:11 AM

Missing GoPro..

About two or three weeks ago I was up on Little River Trail fishing above the big bridge where the river crosses under the trail and managed to lose my GoPro Hero 2 camera with tripod attached. I'm pretty sure I walked off and left it right in the middle of the trail. If anybody has seen it or has heard of a find similar to this I would appreciate some info on it. A little late on posting about it, but better late than never.

MadisonBoats 04-14-2014 07:45 AM

Camera Find Home Tip

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysonalexander4 (Post 110291)
About two or three weeks ago I was up on Little River Trail fishing above the big bridge where the river crosses under the trail and managed to lose my GoPro Hero 2 camera with tripod attached. I'm pretty sure I walked off and left it right in the middle of the trail. If anybody has seen it or has heard of a find similar to this I would appreciate some info on it. A little late on posting about it, but better late than never.

I hope you get it back bud. One tip for your cameras is to take a picture of your mailing address from an envelope and save the picture outside of the normal directory on your camera. Then; write protect it from deletion (by clicking the file and right-clicking the mouse, then change the properties). Also; you can create a small text file with your address and save it on the card & camera memory as OwnerDetails.txt...etc...write protect it as well.

At least it gives you a better chance at getting it back.:smile:

chechem 04-14-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadisonBoats (Post 110292)

I hope you get it back bud. One tip for your cameras is to take a picture of your mailing address from an envelope and save the picture outside of the normal directory on your camera. Then; write protect it from deletion (by clicking the file and right-clicking the mouse, then change the properties). Also; you can create a small text file with your address and save it on the card & camera memory as OwnerDetails.txt...etc...write protect it as well.

At least it gives you a better chance at getting it back.:smile:

Or write your name and contact info on the camera! ;)

jaysonalexander4 04-16-2014 10:11 PM

I definitely should have had my name on it.. I do like the idea of putting information in the memory too! Thanks!

MadisonBoats 04-17-2014 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysonalexander4 (Post 110315)
I definitely should have had my name on it.. I do like the idea of putting information in the memory too! Thanks!

I have preached that many times.:redface: But, I am guilty of not doing it as well. Some devices do not have a good place to put your information on them. I usually print a small mailing label and locate it in the battery compartment or on the memory card. Cover it with some clear tape to help preserve it. However; the information on the card is a pretty good tip. Most people will get on there and look at the pictures.:smile: