Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Clinch (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6103)

Gek 02-27-2006 03:28 PM

Clinch

Anyone been on the Clinch in the last couple days? What's working there right now? Any ideas or an outlook for this upcoming weekend (3/4 & 3/5)? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

AG

Waterborn 02-27-2006 08:28 PM

Re: Clinch

Haven't been lately because of work related issues : just too much of it.
But as we're getting on the verge of some warmer weather and spring like temps Sulphurs are on the minds of most Clinch regulars - though I'll be some time before any real hatch to fish dry - the nymphs will becoming of size and so #16/18 phesant tails is a good place to start along with some scuds and olive midge patterns. Kinda the staple for the Clinch...and a good place to start. Zebra midge patterns and small pheasant tail midges are great droppers to throw into the mix.

Waterborn

TCWriter 03-03-2006 11:58 AM

I live in the mountains of Northern California, but often head out to TN for a week in the spring. Years ago I hit a couple of great Sulphur hatches on the Clinch, but recent hatches have been disappointing, so last year I didn't even bother.

Are the Sulphurs coming back on the Clinch? It's not as if I don't have other tailwaters and the Park to beat up on, but I was wondering how many quill body parachutes I should be tying for the upcoming trip...

TC

RFowler 03-03-2006 12:57 PM

Numbers are defintetly down but don't forsake the hatch..it still produces some good fishing and nice fish!

Flyslinger 03-03-2006 01:17 PM

I fished the Clinch Wednesday, water was up & but clear. Didnt have much luck with anything I tried. I think its still a little early.

TCWriter 03-03-2006 04:28 PM

Thanks! I'll be out in early May, and I'll definitely check in before then to see what's happening. It's OK if it bites tho -- it's not as if fishing the Park is a hardship, though I could do without all the traffic... 8-)

TC

RuningWolf 03-05-2006 12:26 AM

Not many sulfurs on lower end the past two-three years.

phil4christ 03-06-2006 04:16 PM

I fished the Clinch last week.... I was using a midge and caught one "very small", I had fish popping all around my line but only about 8-10 bites. It was very slow for all the other fishermen as well, I fished from 12:30-5:00 and they started hitting more around 5:00pm. Well hope that helps, I'm sure fishing will be a lot better now that it has warmed up a little. I heard it's fixing to get cold again, but should be relatively warm from here on out ! Have fun fishing, Spring is here !
God's Love and blessings to you, PHIL

Trout Slayer 03-07-2006 05:22 PM

Fished the Clinch Sunday afternoon and was presently surprised to see risers and to be able to fish drys again. There was a strong mig hatch all day. Hookups on the dry were spuratic but the nymph was consistantly catching fish. Also had alot of fun poppin fish with a new streamer, about an inch long rainbow trout with a silver conehead. I believe if this weather stays this warm the hatches/fishing on the clinch will start picking up.