Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Smoky Mountain Fishing (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Abrams Creek Campground (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6112)

Duggie 03-01-2006 06:41 PM

Abrams Creek Campground

I've heard this is a rather neat little campground, anyone have any experience with it? Guess it is situated right on Abrams Creek (duh). Is there fly fishing possibilities here or are fish numbers not good. I am purely catch and release. :)

Hugh Hartsell 03-01-2006 08:25 PM

Re: Abrams Creek Campground

:) Hi Duggie, I wouldn't exactly say that this is a neat little campground. It is pretty small and not very many immenities. The stream does have fish but it is better in the early part of the season because the water gets pretty warm later on in the Summer. It is a great jumping off point to some back country fishing, and you need to be prepared to do some serious walking. You will be going back into a true wilderness if you go very far. The creek isn't too rough, but it is pretty good sized for the Park. It's not a bad idea to have a friend. There are some of those creatures down there that we don't like to run into, so keep your eyes open. Good fishing to you.
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.

Duggie 03-02-2006 12:12 AM

Hugh,

When you say "creatures", what are you referring to, humans or beast?

Gek 03-02-2006 12:31 AM

I think Hugh is mainly referring to black bear. However, if you hear dueling banjos off in the distance, I would head the other direction.

AG

Hugh Hartsell 03-02-2006 06:26 AM

:)Duggie, I sort of blend in with those Humans and bears. It's those durn Copperheads that I don't get along with too well. Just watch where you are walking and where you put your hands. It will be a good trip.
Hugh

Duggie 03-02-2006 10:12 AM

Thanks for that info Gek, maybe I'll bring my banjo and join in, i've even played "dueling banjos" (although not very well) 8-)

Hugh, I plan on having enough Tennessee moonshine in me I'll probably be more venous than a copperehead, maybe they better watch out for me ;D

Thanks for all the info guys.

Duggie 03-02-2006 10:59 PM

Although I would be giving the campground a visit for a couple days, would be planning on spending most of my time with Little River Outfitter cabins. How far is the campground from the cabins?

Duggie 03-02-2006 11:18 PM

Should have said Little River Log Cabins :-[

sammcdonald 03-06-2006 05:53 PM

the campground is still closed at abrams.

Duggie 03-06-2006 07:34 PM

As I understand it, it will re-open on March 10 or there abouts. I wouldn't be arriving til some time in April anyway. Thanks for the heads up though 8-)