Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Favorite fish to catch (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7269)

Giantfish 11-10-2006 11:36 AM

Favorite fish to catch

I just wanted to know which fish is your favorite, I mean food too! ;) Mine is Rainbow, I just love the color and the taste is amazing, Grilled rainbow, I got to get some. :) I want to know what you like to eat and catch. Just for fun.

Giantfish

buzzmcmanus 11-10-2006 01:40 PM

Re: Favorite fish to catch

Bugle mouth trout are my favorite fish to catch. Nothing fights harder, and they get HUGE. However, I release them all to fight another day. If I'm fishing for the pan, it has to be bluegills.

Troutman 11-10-2006 01:42 PM

My favorite fish to catch is also the TN state fish. The Smallmouth Bass! ;D
I have never caught or just hooked one, big or small, that didn't fight as hard as possible. They never give up. My favorite eating fish (freshwater) has to be fresh pan fried crappie. I love any kind of Trout also as long as they are wild. Those stockers can be somewhat wimpy fighters and taste like mush :P Maybe I should change my last name to Bassman :D
* * * Troutman

David Knapp 11-10-2006 02:49 PM

I prefer to catch browns. I release all fish...

ruggerfly 11-10-2006 06:24 PM

Favorite fish to catch in the southeast and/or Smokies? If that is the case, I have to go with the rainbow.

Now if your talking the whole U.S., then I have to go with a steelhead (a sea run rainbow trout), because they are bigger and put up a h*** of a fight!
I pretty much just love to fish!

Deedub 11-11-2006 06:55 PM

I like all kinds of trout...I think they're all beautiful, but the first brown I ever caught was
so cool. Those red spots are so bright on some of them. I've never really caught a fish though that I thought..."he's an ugly son of a gun." Although carp are pretty ugly.

dw

nailman_83 11-11-2006 11:24 PM

My favorite is whatever is on the end of my line. I love catching them all.

Griff 11-13-2006 05:26 PM

Quote:

My favorite eating fish (freshwater) has to be fresh pan fried crappie.
I'm with Troutman about crappie being the best freshwater fish to eat. I like to catch all trought but if I could chose a day full of brookies vs. a day full of rainbows, I'll take the brookies.

TroutDude 11-14-2006 09:13 PM

As for eating I'd also go with crappie. For catching I'd go with a cutthroat. To me it typifies the west and as I only get to head out there once every couple of years they rate up at the top in term of memories. Now just it terms of fishing... give me a brown.

Woody 11-17-2006 06:12 PM

Favorite to catch is a Spec, because they look so pretty and the history behind thier recovery is quite a story. As far as grilin, bows over a fire, hickory or apple chips, and chardonay. I going fishing