Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Clinch fished well on Sunday (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7376)

Green Weenie 12-11-2006 09:23 AM

Clinch fished well on Sunday

Just wanted to give a quick report of sorts.

I fished the falling water (finally) on the Clinch on Sunday. *It was some of the best fishing I have had in a while. *Not a whole lot of fish (only got 7 fish to hand), but most of the fish I landed were 12" or better and I lost one that almost made me cry. :'( *They were all stocker rainbows, but man they were solid! *I caught them all on a #22 zebra midge fished about 24" under an indicator.

Good times!

bigjim 12-11-2006 09:37 AM

Re: Clinch fished well on Sunday

I also fished after they turned the water off on Sunday. Lots of midges hatching got the most fish on a #22 Zebra Midge all Rainbows. It was cold but the Clinch is beautiful place to fish!!

Waterborn 12-11-2006 09:38 AM

Was out there as well, part of the parking lot convergence ...it was a brief, but good time non the less as I was able to hang out with couple of buddies... managed fish off of midge emergers and scuds...foul hooked nicer than average bow in some skinny water, I suppose was it was after the main and got tagged by the dropper, thats my story and I'm stickin to it ::)...it was great to see that the rock snot seems to have been displaced from all the constant generation, the only positive I suppose to that constant water...the normal grass seems to be making a comeback and rocks turned over showed lots of scuds...

RFowler 12-11-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

it was great to see that the rock snot seems to have been displaced from all the constant generation, the only positive I suppose to that constant water...the normal grass seems to be making a comeback and rocks turned over showed lots of scuds...
Well that's good news, Jerm. A buddy of mine is letting me use his boat for a while. We need to get out there! Give a holla.

Green Weenie 12-11-2006 01:34 PM

You mean I was out there with some of my fellow LRO Messager Board-er's and didn't even know it? I fished Miller's Island on Sunday. We were all probably within sight of each other.

Despite it's finicky nature, I love fishing the Clinch. We'll have to go together sometime. (Again!)

Jswitow 12-11-2006 04:15 PM

I fished the Clinch as well on Sunday from 2:30 -4:45. Fished near the steps below the dam in the Weir pool. I only managed one fish though I popped 3 off on the hook set! (tooo used to fishng 4x!) I was wishing I had had a tiny yellow midge dry as they were on them. I kept wondering if I should have put on some 7X as the water was glass smooth up there. The one I caught was a 15" male, dark with a little of a kyped jaw. Strong and healthy, took a couple of minutes to land and he bolted as soon as I let go!
Did 6X do the trick at Miller"s? That must have been the first time it has been off in a while, there were lots of people! There was never anyone any closer than 25 or 30 yards though.
Best,

doghaircaddis 12-11-2006 04:51 PM

Looks like half of the active board members fished the Clinch on Sunday. ttas67 and I were there for a few hours also.

ttas67 12-11-2006 05:04 PM

yeah I was there. miller's island. within the first five minutes, doghair caught one on a stimulator?!?. I tried a few small caddis to see if I could get a rise. did ok on a zebra midge, but had a trout attack my pink yarn strike indicator about 5 times. seen a few fish jump clear out of the water about a foot in the air. I think those stockers in there are crazy or something. overall a decent day on the water.

Jswitow 12-11-2006 05:26 PM

Well if you ever see my old Navy Blue Wagoneer parked somewhere certainly walk over and say hello! It has TU stickers and a Scott sticker on it, usually in need of a bath! The jeep........not me. Well maybe me sometimes too, I think the fish bite better that way!