Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tennessee Trout Streams and Tailwaters (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   ripped off on the clinch (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7404)

drag line 12-18-2006 07:53 PM

ripped off on the clinch

Just letting every one know I got my sage xp 9' 4 pice rod with a orvis battenkill II large arbor gold finish taken from my trailblazer this afternoon in the parking lot where the steps are on the clinch. I switched out rods about 3:30 and I am positive I locked the car because the horn blows when you lock it but the keys were in the pocket of my waders with my phone and must have hit the unlock button . They lifted the back hatch and grabe it out. I guess I am lucky it was unlocked or I might have a broken window also. So if you see some low life trying to get rid the rod and reel its stolen . I have made a report with TVA police so they are aware of the situation. Thanks Bill

ttas67 12-18-2006 10:14 PM

Re: ripped off on the clinch

sorry to hear that and thanks for letting us know, as this may not be the last time this happens. I often have multiple rods in my trunk that I'd hate to lose. I don't care if they steal my car, just not my gear!

RFowler 12-18-2006 10:36 PM

Is that you, Bill H? If it is, I sold you that rod. That's a real shame. I've been a victim of theft up there, myself. I had over $2,500 worth of gear taken from me in June of '05.

Grumpy 12-19-2006 09:40 AM

I have a PIC of a LOW LIFE that lives up that way, been convicted twice & still wondering around up there >:(
Last seen driving a lil red Ford Ranger.
Grumpy

Mike_Anderson 12-19-2006 11:15 AM

Might be time for some good ole TN Mountain style justice.

drag line 12-19-2006 11:43 AM

Amen brother !

troutwag 12-21-2006 11:30 PM

Is that XP a 4 or 5 wt and did you have the serial number logged somewhere? I will keep an eye out as well, though the rod will probably be paired with some other reel so as not to be easily identified. Hate to think how many rods I typically have in the back of car. Sorry for the loss. It will probably end up on Ebay or in a pawn shop.
Stinks!
I hope your Christmas Season goes better from here on out,
John

Grumpy 12-22-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

Is that XP a 4 or 5 wt and did you have the serial number logged somewhere? *I will keep an eye out as well, though the rod will probably be paired with some other reel so as not to be easily identified. *Hate to think how many rods I typically have in the back of car. *Sorry for the loss. * It will probably end up on Ebay or in a pawn shop.
Stinks!
I hope your Christmas Season goes better from here on out,
John
If it's the same fella that has been ripping off in the past, the big dummie will be out there fishing it, he was caught with 2 outfit's on the river awhile back thanks to an alert BB member from another forum.
I'm serious guys, i have the pic, if you'd like me to e-mail it to ya, get in touch with me , info@cumberlandtransit.com
This is a local person with priors >:( & someone that oughta be watched.

Grumpy

Sivad 12-22-2006 09:35 AM

drag_line,

Do you have a picture of the outfit? I am planning on fishing the clinch on Saturday.
I will keep an eye out.

Have a Merry Christmas.

Patrick

stretch 12-22-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Last seen driving a lil red Ford Ranger.
Grumpy
Saw a couple of those the other day when I was floatin', got me nervous every time... good thing was that I saw the authorities patroling quite a bit ;)