Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website and Message Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   paypal? (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7593)

kriscad 01-27-2007 01:12 AM

paypal?

Do you think you will ever accept paypal as a payment on your store?

Thanks

Byron Begley 01-27-2007 09:45 AM

Re: paypal?

Kriscad,

I contacted them via e-mail last week. A guy called me yesterday from Paypal but I couldn't take the call. I'll call him back Monday. I think the answer is yes. We are having a hard time verifying credit card authorization with international customers. I think Paypal may be the answer. What do you think? Are you using Paypal? Is that the most secure way to guarantee payment? We don't have a problem with customers in the US. We got burned big time on an order that went to the far east. Learned our lesson there.

Byron

mtnman2888 01-27-2007 10:04 AM

I use paypal for my ebay stuff and it works great! I have had one instance where i paid for something and didn't get it, paypal launched an investigation and then refunded my money back. If you were to start using paypal, would it be an option or mandatory??

Byron Begley 01-27-2007 11:59 AM

Mtnman,

I know for sure it would be optional here in the store. Not sure about internet transactions. I just don't know enough about it to say. My guess is it would be optional for internet use. I'm sure it would be mandatory for customers living outside the United States.

Byron

Vern 01-27-2007 02:58 PM

I have used PayPal for years. I have never revieved a payment but have made several buys with it. I believe the Flyshop.com Iuses it. I have bought several fly tying supplies in the past several weeks and have not had a problem yet. I feel better using paypal then giving my credit card #. also it will do a automatic draft from my checking account so i don't have to worry about credit cards. I have bought several things from LRO and I feel safe with them but other fly shops with web site that don't use paypal don't get my bussiness online. As lro improves the online catalog the more i will spend with them. Not having Paypal does not brother me with lro but i can see someone that does not Know Byron, Paula and staff maybe like myself my pefer to shop at sites that offer paypal. Just my 2cents worth.

Byron Begley 01-27-2007 04:30 PM

This is all new to me. I don't buy online except for music from ITunes. I research what I want then call the company. It's usually camera equipment. So it seems that you guys think Paypal is a safer way to do business as a consumer. I'm just looking at it from the merchant side. I would appreciate any more input you all can give me. Thanks.

Byron

mtnman2888 01-27-2007 05:13 PM

I definitely don't think that paypal would be of any benefit to me personally. I mean i don't worry about y'all, as a reputable company, somehow doing me wrong and i don't think any others would. However, it may be of interest to you. You said that you got burned on an order from another country and i believe that this would definitely help that. Paypal works good for ebay because i am receiving money as well as sending it out all on the same "store." In your instance, i wouldn't be receiving any money from you (not unless you really wanted to ;)) so i see no help to myself, but if it safeguards your business more, then go for it. Wouldn't bother me a bit, you need to make sure that you don't get burned like that again.

kriscad 01-28-2007 01:39 AM

I think adding paypal as a payment option will only increase your sales. The key question to ask paypal is if the API will work with your current cart. If it does, it then I would add it in addition to your other payment options.

As for as overseas orders, I personally wouldn't even do them. (Maybe Canada as an exception) Too much hassle with shipping and customs now. Or only accept payments from confirmed PayPal accounts.

Byron Begley 01-28-2007 01:45 PM

I checked and our cart will work with Paypal without any additional modules. I've been looking at our competitors sites. Almost none of them accept Paypal. I bet their software is too old or they had a custom cart built.

Byron

kriscad 01-28-2007 02:34 PM

8-) good deal then...

I just subscribed the other day to field and stream online because the accept paypal, which is great they offered that as a payment option.