Little River Outfitters Forum

Little River Outfitters Forum (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/index.php)
-   Website and Message Board (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Text Size (http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7732)

Byron Begley 02-14-2007 05:53 PM

Text Size

Lefty was having problems reading the message board on his 24" monitor. He was getting 6 point type and he couldn't read it. I didn't know this but you can set the text size on your browser. In Firefox or Safari you can go to "View" and increase your text size or decrease it. I don't know if any of you are having problems with this but it's a quick fix. Lefty should be back on tomorrow if he's not working somewhere.

Byron

DryFly1 02-14-2007 06:13 PM

Some folks might already know this but an alternative for adjusting text size is:

Hold down the CTRL button on the key board and scroll up or down with your mouse wheel. For the vision impaired this really helps when reading text on the internet.

Byron Begley 02-14-2007 06:30 PM

Thanks Mark, I didn't know that either. Lefty was going to take a nap. When he wakes up and gets my e-mail can you imagine how his life is going to change. His e-mail to me said that a lot of boards have small type and he can't read them. He's a Mac guy like me so we don't have scroll wheels. I, like Lefty didn't know anything about this type size stuff. I'ts changed my life too.

Byron

fishlicker 02-18-2007 03:18 AM

FYI, on some of these newer boards( apparently this one inculded) the CTRL-scroll feature doesn't work for some reason. Several boards I frequent are this way and two I've run were also set up this way with no option to change it. For the most part, the newer software is great( esp. if you remember the old comment:
reply,
reply,
reply,

format that everyone used to use, but sometimes you wonder if the folks that create it ever actually use it. :)

The site and the boards look awesome though. You guys have come such a long way in such a short time( probably doesn't feel that way to you though. :) ) and flyfishers the Southeast over are sure lucky to have you folks in the industry. Besides, if we didn't have LRO, we'd have to spend our money on silly stuff like food and shelter and clothes and bills and....

:)
Thanks for being so good at what you do. Your customers and friends appreciate you guys so much.

DryFly1 02-18-2007 11:51 AM

Hey fishlicker,

Welcome to the board!

Not sure why yours isn't working,but my CTRL-Scroll function is working fine? Hummm?

Mark...

MTN_TRT 02-18-2007 05:08 PM

[quote=fishlicker;34080]. Besides, if we didn't have LRO, we'd have to spend our money on silly stuff like food and shelter and clothes and bills and....
quote]

...girls and college education...;)

Byron Begley 02-18-2007 07:30 PM

Fishlicker,

Thanks for the comments. It has been a lot of work for Daniel and I on the website and Paula put this new board together. Question, were you not able to log on under your old name "Owl" or did you just decide to change it. For whatever reason you have it's good to have you back. I remember you back in the old days of "LRO Message Board" version 1.0. Look forward to seeing you in Townsend soon.

Byron

fishlicker 02-18-2007 09:01 PM

Uh oh! :rolleyes: CRTL+scroll wasn't working because of the browser skin I was using. It's working fine in Firefox. Sorrrrrry. :)

Byron,
No Sir, the old account was working just fine, but recently I've had some changes in my life( some good, some bad) that have forced me to take a closer look at my life and the way I came across to folks - both online and in person. Thus, I buried "The Owl" and decided to take on the username that I very nearly took when I first found myself on this new-fangled thing called the world wide web. :)

Trust me, at 4am and hyped up on Mtn. Dew - "fishlicker" was the funniest thing I ever heard. :) As for the old boards, everyone had them and flipping back and forth from link to link when looking at replies was almost unbearable in the days of dial-up connections - at least for someone as impatient as me.

Anyway, you'll probably get the same bad form, mispelled words, and goofy posts - but hopefully in a much more grown-up( * grooaaaaannnn. :) ) package. I've learned so much in my ten years on the net, and it's about time I left all that " owlishness" behind me. At least.....that's the plan. :)

Last year I spent alot of days on sportbike message boards, and more days riding than fishing - but I sold the infernal contraption( read: I LOVED THAT THING but it was too easy too go too fast) last fall, and this year I'm going to spend more time with wet feet and a sore casting arm I hope. And hopefully I'll get to make more than one visit to the best flyshop out there.

And if anyone here needs any help fishing south of TN and NC for trout, just holler and I'll gladly share what I know with the group here. Hope to see you all at the cookout if not before.

PS - Is there a " new posts " button on the front page of the message board? Like, when I come back for the first time on a given day, is there a button to click that you can see a list of new posts that were made since your last visit? Maybe just something that could be enabled? Thanks.

Paula Begley 02-19-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishlicker (Post 34106)
PS - Is there a " new posts " button on the front page of the message board? Like, when I come back for the first time on a given day, is there a button to click that you can see a list of new posts that were made since your last visit? Maybe just something that could be enabled? Thanks.

fishlicker

I am sure I have seen that function in the unbelievably humungous administration panel. I will find it and enable it.

Paula

Leinart 02-19-2007 05:26 PM

re: adj. text size...

You might also try "Ctrl (plus) the +" key for larger text (PC/ Windows). You can also reduce text by "ctrl+(minus key)-"