Thread: Millers
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterborn View Post
When the water dropped, it seemed lower than what I remembered. I kept an eye out for redds, but didn't notice any. Not saying that there weren't any around - so hopefully I wasn't that guy Shawn mentioned.
The Miller's area is laden with Redds and they will become more apparent in the next few weeks. I was not trying to be condescending in my spawn post; just wanted to share an FYI for those that are interested. I really do not think fishermen walking on the beds are their biggest risk. Just something to think about and be aware of...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterborn View Post
Fish were rising all over and not a soul around. I broke out a caddis, and began picking up fish about every other cast.
I like to fish small dry caddis flies as midge imatations. The float and present super well. Plus, the fish seem to not care if they are caddis or midges. Note; midge emergers (18-20) have been working very well for me when fishing to a rise. Even though you cannot see the fly; let it present and keep your line ready for a take. Also; dropper rigs are good to get those bottom fish. I like to use a splitshot drop ahead of a nymph.
to choose, to respond, to change.”