View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knothead View Post
I am intrigued by the number of folks that frequent the backcountry. Might have to give it a try. Is there a past thread that has a basic list of things to take? I'm thinking of maybe one of the park campgrounds as a BC CS might be a bit awkward with all one would have to carry.
Please don't take this the wrong way...
Honestly, if you are asking these questions, I would recommend not only doing some more research before you actually plan a trip but also try to find someone with BC experience to go with you if at all possible. This way you can rely on the experience of others and through trial and error hopefully fine tune your own BC skills. While not to discourage you, I would wholeheartedly recommend trying out one of the FC campgrounds as a proving ground first. See what you feel you could get away with but in reality, you could have everything right there in your car if you really needed it.

Camping in the BC is much more than just a list of what to bring...
Please don't make the mistake that a lot of people do of assuming that all you need to do is walk into the woods and sleep overnight. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt, lost or worse...

Tight Lines,