Thread: Smith
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Smith

I got my twins graduated from college last Saturday and had them home for a week! They headed for Atlanta yesterday so it was time to go fishing. My wife said have at it, so off I went. I headed to my favorite stream--the Smith in Virginia. It is a 3 1/2 hour drive one way. I had a late start and arrived at Martinsville at around 2:30. By the time I had filled up with gas I decided not to go way upstream because I was running late. I started out at the end of the old special regs. I saw a few sulfurs popping off and some midges but I was in a beetle mood. I had 1 eat a beetle and that was it. I loaded up and went further downstream to escape the midges and sulfurs and find some hungry fish. I stopped at a place that doesn't have a lot of fish but they are a little bigger on average. I caught a few there and rolled on downstream to where I normally finish up. Took me a few minutes to get wired in but I finished up with a few more and headed home. I didn't catch a ton of fish but I caught a few nice ones for the Smith. I caught 5 or 6 little ones and the rest were in the slot.