View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 AM

Fellas,
To clarify; I was not trying to imitate a spinner. Just using a spinner variation to help distinguish the fly's profile to the fish. I have not seen much bug action on the top half of the river the past few days. The dissolved oxygen I believe is increasingly low and it could be the reason the sulphurs are tapering off until very late evening or during steady rain showers. Noticed a big striper foraging above Miller's Island. That is a first for me to see one that far up in shallow water. I think he came up from coal creek to feed during a generation and found himself stuck. He sure had the trout moving.

Also; I am starting to find some larger fish dead. They look healthy and I have not noticed any indicators in their throats that could explain their demise. It could be stress from the low water and low DO that is taking them down...(?)

Has anyone fished the church late (7:30-9pm) for sulphur action? That has been the only time I have seen a decent hatch on the river this year....
to choose, to respond, to change.”