Thread: Snake River
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 11:55 AM

Lynn, Don't know where in Jackson you are staying (in town or close by), but here are some good places:
Breakfast -- The Bunnery , The Virginian, and one of my favorite is at Dornan's up at Moose Junction where you can eat outside with the Tetons right there. Also , there is a killer buffet up at Jackson Lake Lodge which might work into your schedule going up to YNP. My very favorite breakfast place soldout in town and is only open at the airport - Jedidiah's House of Sourdough.
Dinner - The Mangy Moose over in Teton Village, the Gunbarrel in Jackson, Merry Piglets (good Mexican food) , Bubba's (bbq), Dornan's (Pizza), our very favorite is about 60 miles south in a town called Thayne and is called Dad's Bar and Steakhouse - a definite local eatery. You have to call ahead to reserve your prime rib.
As far as placess to fish, the place where you mentioned earlier was about where I was going to suggest. If you have any other questns at all, don't hesitate . Hopper patterns miight be working in Star valley on the salt river south of Jackson - where Thayne is.
by late July.

Mike