View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebone View Post
I do know when fishing declines in certain areas, fishermen move to different areas, and not all of them are dedicated to conservation. Take a ride to the upper end these days and you'll see what I mean.
Mike,
I second this point.
  • The upper end is getting hammered with fish mongers who are focusing on prime feeding lies. They are constantly carrying out their allotment and more daily. I see tons of fish being harvested in the slot. I have called TWRA and let the know on many occasions. I do wish they would put up some new signs about the slot. Maybe some metal or pvc-type signs.
  • Another issue that has not been discussed is trout stocking. I think most of the TWRA stockings were quickly snatched up at the ramps by fishing mongers within a week after being released. It would be a good idea to make a temporary no fishing zone within a 100 yards or something while this is going on.
  • Also; I believe it would be beneficial to see a harvest limit of one brown trout a day on the Clinch.
I think it is great to discuss river issues and to voice our opinions. The public and fishermen are the best resources for evaluating the true health of the river.

I would rather try and work with TWRA/TVA to make the Clinch a better fishery and to help them fulfill their needs. I know TWRA has been hit hard with funding issues the last few years and they are stretched super thin. It would be nice to see them get some Federal Grants.
to choose, to respond, to change.”