View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
Anytime the generators are running water isn't being wasted, TVA only wastes water when they spill or sluice, and at those times they are happy to waste water because of flood control.

Again, you speak out when you fail to realize that during the 90's there was a very vocal group of fly fisherman who pushed for higher minimums on the Clinch, then again in the late 90's we pushed for more more water above the weir after some adjustments were made by TVA resulted in the weir pool basically drying up after an hour of no generators.

You do not understand how many battles have been fought and won with regards to the Clinch.
Jim,
I have met Corbo and we have discussed the topic of pro-active conservation. I do not think he was alluding to a lack of activism in the past. I believe he was only trying to relay some of his experience with these type of issues. I may be wrong. Corbo; please clarify if I misspoke. He is a recent transplant to East Tennessee and I am sure unaware of all the activism it took previously to better the Clinch fishery. Also, I think he would be a good asset and well versed with these type of issues to help with improvement issues.

Hopefully; the people that care and are willing can pool resources for voicing needed changes.

Also; I for one appreciate all the hard work and dedication in the past from activists that have worked hard on these type of issues. I say THANKS!
to choose, to respond, to change.”