Thread: Clinch Monsters
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
In the Clinch the two can't coexist, that is a fact. Again, since you missed it earlier, there is NOTHING but trout for food for them in the Clinch, period. I have cleaned about 70 stripers over the past 3 years and the least amount of trout in one's stomach was 9.

It is naive to think they have no impact on the fishery, especially when combined with a very liberal 7 fish limit for humans with zero enforcement.

As long as a resource has the potential that the Clinch does and it is not being fully realized then there is reason to want the best out of what we have in this state. Settling for mediocre is unacceptable, especially when small tweaks could result in major beneficial impacts.

Again stripers are fine in areas where the food source keeps their sights off of the gamefish community. However, in areas where gamefish are the only prey base, then they must die, and I personally will continue to slaughter each one which I can get my hands on, until they exist no more in the Clinch.
Agreed! Unfortunately; I think the striper populations and heavy presence on the upper Clinch this year have really depleted the trout stock in certain areas. The effects will be noticeable for years to come.
to choose, to respond, to change.”

Last edited by Paula Begley; 08-23-2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited. Paula