Thread: Clinch Monsters
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Anderson View Post
This is fact. So does that mean the Striper follow large schools of Trout from MH up into the Clinch?

A good analogy to this would be next time your starving give a marathon runner a prime rib and at the some time give 10,000 school kids a hamburger. Now try to catch the runner for your steak dinner. Bet you end up eating a hamburger.

I've spent the last 12 years studying and learning the habits of these fish. That they encounter Trout is purely coincidental. They are going through the same migration movements that nature imprinted on them from the beginning. I understand the concern but again you have to consider that these fish have proven to co exist in other tailwaters where Trout thrived (again I use Cumby as a prime example). There are as many who enjoy fishing for Striper as there are people who enjoy Trout fishing. Both are stocked. There has to be a happy median. Advocating slaughtering of any non invasive fish so that we might enjoy "sportfishing" for another is irresponsible at best.
Can you or anyone tell me why a trout pattern works better than a shad one on striper where they both exist as food for stripers. Hey i fish for stripers also. They're great game fish. I'm just pointing out the reports that I have read and results of my friends fishing.Whether their meeting is coincidental or not. Then why have they not left that section of the Clinch. I believe that the food source is there. Why dont they just drop back down and eat all those shad.
Lynn

Last edited by Paula Begley; 08-23-2012 at 12:59 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited. Paula