This story is full of embellishment. The "my life was saved from releasing the pocket of venom" isn't true.
And if he coded three times on a helicopter, it almost certainly wasn't due to the snake bite. Now, he might have coded because he realized he pooped his pants, on the other hand.
You actually have to work pretty hard to die from a snake bite. Like fiddle around for hours before you seek care, stab yourself, etc., etc.
I'm not taking the things lightly, but snake bites are actually very rarely fatal. They are normally fatal only when people are stupid, like this guy.