Thread: Seriously?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
On this forum and most fly fishing forums fish size is exaggerated more times than not. I don't believe it comes from a desire to deceive more so a lack of experience measuring fish.

All too often a 12" fish is called 16", and 14" fish are called 18". I have seen folks with solid 13" fish which could appear as slot fish, but are just short.
I concur with this point. I see misjudged fish size all the time. Most of the situations are just lack of experience or not actually measuring the fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
Anyone who knows me, or reads much of my drivel here knows I despise TWRA for the most part.

However, their enforcement is pretty dang good, they are just stretched really thin. If given a solid lead they will follow up on it, trust me I know from experience. A few years ago some dipwad decided to throw my name around as running a deer poaching ring online, obviously I had no idea. Well one afternoon whilst relaxing I get a knock on the door, I get up to go see who it is and see 2 TWRA Officers, open the door to be asked if they could come in for a little chat. They searched my entire house, naturally found nothing, and left. Case closed, since I was 100% innocent and the victim of a scam.

My point is, they will do the leg work when given the chance and the time.

I have begged for years to add a river specific permit to our tailwaters, i.e. a CLinch Stamp, to fund a Clinch only GW. It has gone nowhere obviously, but I still believe it is a good idea.

Back to the subject, if you see someone breaking the law say something or pick up the phone. Coming to the internet to whine will never solve the problem.
Wow! That would have irked me at first! Glad you were able to cordially comply and help them move on to other things. Sounds like they may need to investigate the person who reported you...
to choose, to respond, to change.”