View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourx View Post
That's cool.As long as you and wolf aren't talking about me (with refrain in listing the reasons).
My last post was to reaffirm the topic and to try and elicit thoughtful contributions to this topic and other issues in regards to our sport. It was not directed towards any one person. My intent was to add perspective and promote stewardship toward a common interest.
Quote:
Incidentally, a friend of mine of caught a bow bursting with eggs this weekend. So, the spawn is on, whatever the ramications. No, he wasn't near a redd.
I have found numerous egg sacks of gutted fish lately full of eggs-brown and rainbow trout!
Quote:
BTW- I'm not so sure the clinch bows/browns aren't creating baby trout.
From my research and experience; the browns and rainbow spawn and reproduce on the Clinch. The percentage that acheive fry are relatively low and do not support the management of the river's mortality (depletion) rate. If you look closely to shallow pools around downed trees, etc; you will see small schools or rainbow. Also; you can view large schools of brown fry around clear creek after the turn of the year.
Quote:
Also, don't forget, there is a sub-topic on this board aimed specifically at those wanting to learn/teach about fishery management and biology.
Everybody that's going to fish during the spawn should spend the xtra $ on Seaguar tippet so they can get the trout in the rubber net as soon as possible (Seaguar doesn't break). Quicker the better!
Let's hear more about eagles, newbies asking questions, and fun days fishing on this sub-topic.

4X

Now' I'm going to walk down and feed and hug my Canadian geese.
I have never fished Seaguar. Do you find that it is more stiff than other tippets? I will give it a try the next time I see a spool in the store.
to choose, to respond, to change.”