View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwolf View Post
This is what happens every time, the argument against natural reproduction comes up. TWRA follows the exact same talk track. I remember watching Buxbaum almost bring Frank Fiss to tears by posing the same points I did, and Frank's answers were the exact same as yours. And always result in a personal attack or two rather than a good counter argument.

I seriously doubt that my Marketing degree from UT qualifies me for anything other than selling medical devices. However, I have always tried to be extremely observant on the river, and try to understand this stuff from a logical rather than an emotional point of view.

That is why I asked the questions to you, so I can understand your point of view.

It is easy to suspect that the flows on the Clinch have an impact, however when I step back and think about where fish spawn, and other rivers where they successfully do so, I can't make the flow argument add up to no success.

No one seems to have an answer to the tons of fry/fingerlings in the river right now. Logic to me adds 2+2 and the only reasonable explanation is successful spawning. I think we all can agree they don't fall into the river by way of raindrops.

The best hope for the Clinch and taking the management by TWRA to a whole new level, one which we fly fisherman would love, is to prove that the fish are spawning successfully.

My question is why go with personal attacks? I can play that game even better if you wish to take that approach, but I would rather discuss this stuff using logical reasoning to maybe get closer to an answer. And if my points are absurd than please elaborate, I always try and comprehend even though it may not sink in
Jim,
I think your posts were well put and inquisitive. I did not see any personal attack? I agree with you that there are natural reproduction on the Clinch. I believe rainbow trout reproduce fairly well and brown trout reproduce well in one certain area; hence their increased percentage in that area and above. The brook trout seem to spawn and thrive lately as well. H
ere is a little rainbow trout I caught last year in September.
to choose, to respond, to change.”