View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77punk View Post
your report is the mirror image of my last couple trips with two exceptions. i have been floating above the weir, and using a red zebra midge. all 'bows mostly dinks and one in the slot.

Actually, I have been using biot midges above the weir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockeye valdez View Post
I fished upper (early) and middle (noonish) sections Saturday, it was cloudy early and not many rises. I did manage to snag a few on #18 zebras. When the clouds left and the sun came out I found more rises in the middle section. Midges, crane flies and one lonely sulfur came off. I still prefer a #18 sulfur with a dropper as my go-to set up. They slapped at my sulfur refusing it but took my #24 emerger dropper as the water was coming up. Occasionally one will take the sulfur.

I fished the so.ho. last weekend and while I miss those many browns, I'm still committed to learning fall and winter fishing on the clinch.

Shawn, you said you go-to bug midge is a olive, brown, do you use olive wire?

c.v.
I use olive UTC V-rib (Midge), no wire. Here is a grainy picture I took from my GoPro. Sorry; the GoPros do not take quality macro shots.

Ofcourse I forgot to mention that I use an offset hook. I think that is imperative to hooking fish on the smaller midges.
to choose, to respond, to change.”