Thread: Here's a Report
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 PM

Default Here's a Report

Thanksgiving is for spending time with friends and family, but of course I couldn't make a trip back to TN without heading to the Smokies for a day. I was lucky to catch Byron out working in the shop (although I'm not sure if he was enjoying Wapsi **** very much) and was able to talk with him and Paula for a while. Thanks Byron and Paula for always taking time to chat and make me feel at home in your shop! Wish I could visit more often... Daniel had his day off so I'll have to wait to see him and everyone else until my next trip back.

After finally getting a few things, I headed on towards the Park to fish with my buddy Jayson. Our hope was to find a few big browns to fish for. Well, let's just say this: we found the fish. I probably saw more BIG browns than I ever have before in one day but they were SUPER spooky. None of the truly large fish were actively spawning which was probably why they were so spooky. I saw several fish that were 24-25" or better including one that I would say was possibly closer to 30".

The big guys disappointed so we eventually targeted rainbows. Each big pool had a lot of nice rainbows out rising. Out came the #18-#20 BWO patterns. I chose a hi-vis BWO parachute I had tied earlier this fall and was happy with the results. The fish couldn't stay off of our flies.

Jayson finally got a brown. It wasn't the size we originally were hoping for but still a very pretty fish.

I fooled enough rainbows to stay interested until realizing that the fishing portion of the day was complete and it was time to head back home to spend the time with family I don't get to see often anymore. Nothing like the holidays! I also made it out for a float trip on the Caney with David Perry as well and will try to get a report up of that soon...

"Then He said to them, 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.'" Matthew 4:19

http://thetroutzone.blogspot.com
http://www.troutzoneanglers.com