View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM

Default 12/9: The last day of Summer

I was excited on Sunday when I read the fishing report and Byron reported that it was overcast. As I was headed to the park, I could tell that the clouds were moving over to NC. By the time I got to Tremont it was party cloudy/somewhat sunny. I hiked in a good while and dropped down to start fishing.

The clouds and warm water temps had caused the fish to move out into an active feeding pattern.

I quickly picked up this guy:

Sunny Stream in Dec

Later I manged this one:

You were constantly reminded that the weather was about to change when every once in a while, a cold wind would blow down from the mountains

It sometimes looked and felt like the rain wouldn't wait until the night

Obligatory small fish pic

Well when I got back to my car it was 5:05. I had students waiting for a review for their final at 6, so I had to leave by 5:15. THat means 10 minutes of fishing by the parking lot....

At this point I hooked in to a really good sized rainbow... probably between 12-14", well that's my best guess since he threw the hook about as I was retreiving him from the water! - wish I had had a net THAT time.

So now it's 5:15. Overall pretty good fishing day. Big fish hook up right at the end. Time to go. What to do?

Needless to say I showed up at my review at 6:30 instead of at 6

Wish I could have gone fishing in the rain on Mon. The water temps probably would have been good enough and I bet the fishing was good. It was still fun to push winter back for a good 10 days in Dec.