View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kirk View Post
I leave Friday for the Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show in Louisville where I am giving a seminar on fly fishing in the GSMNP. Between the highway washing out and the backcountry permits, it should be a lively time. If you need to see me there, I can be reached at the Bourbon Room of the Brown Hotel—just look for the haze of cigar smoke.
Don, I hope your seminar goes well. The "smokey haze" is a neat marketing angle. And don't forget to promote Ole Smoky Moonshine.

I had hoped to check out the show, but it didn't work out this time. It would be really interesting to know if the economy is making it tough for the good folks in KY, IN, OH, etc., to fish the park. In 2010, our products were selling well throughout the southeast US and the Ohio Valley area. KY and OH sales are way down, but not as much in other areas. Sales continue to be reasonably good in the Knoxville and north GA areas. Please let us know what is being said about any changes folks are having to make in terms of money for Smokies vacations, gas, fishing licences, etc, and... now... backcountry camping fees . Thanks, – JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 01-25-2013 at 12:19 AM..