View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:17 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by o2bfishin View Post
Here are close focus shots of a Hi-Viz Rusty Spinner using my 24-85mm at the 85 mm end and the 105 mm Micro Nikkor. Both were shot using the on-camera flash at f16. The only issue I have with the 105 is that at close focus, it has a tendency to hunt. It's a little annoying, but you can fix that by using the AF Lock or by going to manual focus.

Let me know what you think.

Pat
Pat,
Nice job and information on the Macro photos.

Some techniques that I have found useful are:
  • -Build a shadow box out of a an old cardboard box, some old white t- shirts. You can search on the net for ideas. Or; you can buy one if you plan on taking many shots like flies and items of detail.
  • -Also; try to get a non-reflective background. Hobby lobby has many different colors of adhesive backed colors and materials. I think they are around $1 a sheet. So; you could by a couple different colors/material variations to see what works best for your setup.

Thanks for your information and tips. I appreciate camera help from others and enjoy learning about different setups.
SM
to choose, to respond, to change.”