View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 AM

Default Southern Trout Milestone Thank You

Southern Trout hit a big milestone this week. We are quite optimistic that we will achieve our goals in May when the publication is one year old. So far in February we have had over 4,500 unique visitors to the site and over 100,000 page views of the magazine. That is about double the traffic of any preceding month. If we can double that by May we will have meet the goal of this being a project that can be monetized in its second year so we can go monthly.
This comes despite me nearly loosing my leg to the Hiwassee, running misidentified fly pictures, and being called “old fashioned” by some of the young guys who prefer a more edgy approach to putting out a fly fishing magazine. The best compliments we’ve received are those that call us “old school.” Anywho, I know a lot of you have seen Southern Trout and go there from time to time to see what we’ve screwed up this time. I want to sincerely thank every single one of you and I hope you continue to enjoy reading what has become an almost legitimate business for us.