Thread: GPS Custom Maps
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 12:38 PM

Default Free KMZ for Android Devices - Limited Time Offer

It is not GPS handheld-worthy still, but some progress has been made in that direction.

I created a custom map of our subdivision using the Android CustomMaps app (www.custommapsapp.com). Using it's KMZ on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, I am able to observe my location coordinates and heading as I make my way from my man cave (excuse me) my office to the bathroom, an oft travelled path. More field testing planned today... I may venture out as far as my shed… armed, of course.

Mrs. Maps and I made some inroads into things last tonight using her iPad 2, but it's a steep learning curve for us older folks.

For Android device owners who are current LRO forum members, but just for a limited time, I will make you a free rough 1 mile x 1 mile test map of an area of your choosing that you can get to readily. To take advantage of this exclusive offer , e-mail me the coordinates of the approximate center point of the area as in this example: 35.855436,-83.811951 (No. 1 Green at Bays Mountain Golf Course in Seymour). For when your approach shot lands a half mile from the cup.

Last edited by JoeFred; 02-23-2013 at 04:34 PM..