View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 PM

Thanks for asking, Don. We would have just the one set up and move it from place to place. Examples of what might be: Blount/Sevier/Cocke Co tourism welcome centers, events such as Troutfest and those hosted by fly shops, and, if approved as a program presenter, at a booth at Wilderness Wildlife Week in Pigeon Forge. I or someone would be stationed right along side the walkup. We would have some of our merchandise (for example, our new digital product) on hand for purchase to help offset travel and other costs, but we would naturally be available to answer questions and promote Trout Unlimited and fishing the Park. At some point, we might even have earned a few square feet at the Kodak Bass Pro Shop for the big spring event, maybe the new Cabelas coming to Bristol and, shucks, even the Orvis shop at Harrah's (Hey, Joe/Steve. Drop me a line.) Hey, a man needs to think big, right? As with our past modest marketing initiatives, we would hope to at least break even financially. I hate to leave on a negative note, but absent this type of mom and pop promotion such as yours and that of Ian and Charity, I foresee families fishing the Appalachians soon going the way of wild ginseng and morel harvesting.
– JF

Last edited by JoeFred; 03-14-2013 at 08:10 AM..