View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM

Default Where I find them

Sorry for the late reply. The pictures below are the second of my finds this year. Found at least thirty medium sized grey morels in the same area as the first pictures but a week later.

The morel season appears to have a future of being a better than most this year for sure because of the rain fall and cooler temps.

Tulip poplar, sycamore and old cedar trees adjacent low pastures or fields have proven to produce best for me from Cleveland, Tn. to Madsionville, Tn..

Washouts or gullies that have the above trees near are excellent prospects. The foliage from these trees builds up and creates an excellent environment for mother nature to create yet another miracle.

I have found after cleaning, dipping in egg yolk mixed with milk and rolling in crushed saltine cracker crumbs then fried golden brown in butter will give most a yearning that will last till the next season.

Old Man of the Woods keeping a watchful eye!!

Having done this since 7 or 8 yrs. old I can describe it as an adults easter egg hunt. If you can get the family involved.......all the better.

Thank you,

Breck