View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 PM

Default Glad someone took time to take me fishing!!

Brenton is my nephew. Being raised by his mom the best way she knows how is great in it's own way but still doesn't fill the longing that every young boy must ponder at some point while riding the bus home on a country road, playing in the yard, or walking in a field behind their home wondering about what it might be like out there where the creek or small stream awaits to be discovered.

A couple of weekends ago, I had a trip planned with a regular fishing buddy of mine and while taking Brenton and his granny - who is my mother to dinner.....he asked: WHEN I could take him fishing. What a question!!

He's at my moms, last minute question, no proper clothing, planning or preparation....just....can we go fishing

Some of my best moments in life have not been methodically planned out. Spur of the moment......kinda like Brentons' request. Whats an uncle to do? Make the best of creating that one moment that might be one of the Best hes ever had!!??

45 degree water temps, 10 water crossings that started with Brenton on my back but left me on my knees trying not to completely go under water - Thanks Frank for not getting those pics.

A great day no matter what!!

Brenton, You are a true Trooper!!! I promise to take you fishing more often!!

Uncle Breck