View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM

Default 2nd time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmike View Post
Brought tears to my eyes, in a good way. My middle daughter got involved with a "deadbeat" and became pregnant whle they were living together. The result is that she as a single mother living in our home is raising our Grandson whom we watch while she is at work. It used to break my heart when he would talk about his "daddy" and say he wanted to see his dad. Now mind you we refuse to talk his dad down to him, but the guy only rarely comes to town supposedly to see my grandson and ends up bonly briefly if at all spending any time with or aroiund him. In addition the "dad' is on his cell phone talking or texting the entire time he is around my Grandson.

About a year or so ago, my Grandson spontaeously spoke up and said, we don't need a daddy, I have a papa and looked over at me with a huge smile.

Being a dad myself as well as a grandad, now, I cannot imagine having a child and being no more invested in his life than his "dad" hs been...I have to say it is truly a much greater loss to the "dad" than it will ever be to my Grandson!

Mike
Mike, in my work, I see more than you will ever know of "grandparents raising and caring for children twice over with grandkids". Thank god you are there!!!

More and more grandparents driving minivans to bear a responsibility that they once held and accomplished and now doing again. You are an honorable man!!

As for grandparents, my children are blessed with a storybook description of a papa.

Your are......... Superman my friend.

Thank you for sharing.

Breck